1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 14 | Motegi | Japan| Sep 29 - Oct 1

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 25, 2023.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Rain is rain but that was the worst 'race' I've seen in years. Joe ran great after that run off.

cpettit and Circacee like this.
  2. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

What the hell happened with Crutchlow for the “wrong bike” penalty?

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Boring MotoGP race. The last few weekends have been snoozers, tbh. Seems like there is significantly less passing going on than in prior years.

I know Bautista is running away with it in WSBK, but damn if WSBK is more fun to watch. The bikes are way more out of shape vs. The GP machines.

ShadowBoxer and Circacee like this.
  4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Watching Toprak fight like hell to will that Yamaha though a battle with Bautista and that Ducati has been really entertaining.

5. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

From what I gathered it was the way he entered his pit box to grab the other bike, there was 2 others that got penalized as well.

6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

2xidb

7. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the racing.... marc saves yet another massive front tuck.

motion likes this.
  8. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

If they don’t do away with the ride height devices and aerodynamics they will lose their fan base and viewership. Most of the races are snooze fests . I’m beginning to lose interest myself, it’s the reason why I haven’t purchased a video pass. I’ll probably buy a WSBK pass next year instead…

cpettit and Senna like this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I have no idea how anyone could call that race a snoozefest!

JJJerry, BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  10. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah, like all these complainers could put on a better more entertaining show.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Moto 3 was awesome…..

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

I enjoyed it

13. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

What constitutes too much rain ?
    I mean just slow down a bit …let em race in a hurricane . Calling it “unsafe” is a bit of a stretch . It’s “unsafe” at the speed they were going ….but one could argue hitting 220 or whatever it is at mugello in the dry is “unsafe”

I get the hydroplaning , but doesn’t tire conservation then come into effect . The announcer mentioned that’s why Aleix dropped off from burning out his grooves too early …
    I thought it was a fun race , wsbk was awesome too but poor Toprak couldn’t fend off the little fella on the last corner

14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I'm sure self extending swingarms aren't too far away....and then wheelie bars to make it even more of a drag race at the start, on the straights and coming out of every corner.

Even the squiddiest of all squids can slam their bike on the ground, set launch control and dump the clutch.

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

And yet they keep improving the launch devices.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Did anyone ever figure out what launch advantage KTM had for a while? Seems to not be as pronounced lately.

17. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

During the flag to flag bike swap the pit exit was a shit show... What was Pecco doing?! He lost 3 spots as everyone else hit the gas on the white pit exit line.

Martinator doing what Martinator does.

Does anyone else think the Honda just sits differently than the other bikes? The Duc is high at the rear, and the riders look perched upon it. MM93 looked like he was riding more "in" the bike this weekend. It looked a little old school, but very effective in the rain!

-T

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I don't know about KTM. But yesterday I saw a picture of Pecco about to practice a start next to Martin (I think. It was a '22 Ducati). Pecco's bike was noticeably lower. Perhaps KTM's starts this year were due to having a lowering device that lowered the bike even more than the other bikes?

19. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Wasn't Martin. He was the guinea pig for the device and usually has the latest development trinkets before Pecco.

20. wac

wac Well-Known Member

I think Martin it’s about to get a few new parts, for testing purposes.They will be a POS tonmake sure he stays just close enough.