1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 11 | Pirelli Portuguese Round | 29 SEP - 01 OCT

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 27, 2023.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

One round to go after this one:
    [​IMG]
    POLE POSITION: Right
    LENGTH: 4.592 Km
    CORNERS: 15
    RIGHT CORNERS: 9
    LEFT CORNERS: 6

Times are Eastern
    upload_2023-9-27_10-2-58.png
    upload_2023-9-27_10-3-17.png
    upload_2023-9-27_10-3-37.png

prm, Jedb and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  2. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I got Bautista.

3. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

You really went out on a limb there, Stan. I will stick with Rea. I am an old guy and us old guys have to stick together

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

GG off to a good start. Fastest overall and fastest BMW by almost 1 second in FP1. It is early of course, but better to be at the pointy end than farther back.:flag:

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So, he didn't improve his time in P2, but still sitting second fastest overall behind Bautista and 0.4 up on VdM for best BMW.

6. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Seemed to me he was working long runs/race pace in FP2. He was fast out of the gate which typically follows with a strong showing all wknd for him. He seems to have really turned a corner. Go GG31!

KneeDragger_c69 and malamute like this.
  7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I think Bautista makes a mistake this and then things get really interesting. Although evidence suggests he was out there in practice playing with his food

8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Solid race 1. Really good race by GG!

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

In my book 4th is a win for GG and anyone else not named AB, TR or JR. No one is touching the top 3 riders right now. Unless they crash out, the podium is set.

Wonder if there is any thought at BMW to move GG to the factory bike next year with TR. If racing next to TR doesn’t mess with GGs head. He might benefit from having the best WSBK rider as a teammate.

418 and Senna like this.
  10. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

They were saying that all 4 bikes next year at BMW are going to be full factory bikes and support

11. lopitt85

I agree. That was a solid race. He held a much better start (and has been in recent races), and fought back from 13th to 4th! And he was confident on his passes at the end of the straight on Lowe, and up the inside on a tighter line in the corners on Vandermark. I'm pumped to see him with the confidence to make those passes.

I wouldn't mess with a good thing. He gets on great with Pearson and his current crew. If he's already going to have full factory support anyway...I'd leave him right where he is.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
  12. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Pearson is not only a crew chief but a mentor. He went to bat in the media big time for GG31 when Yam fucked him. Was good to see him making hard moves. While the bike still needs to be improved, I’m wondering how important the pre-season rule of locked in gear ratios have hampered them. No different than here like Cam & PJ on season long different setups.

13. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I completely agree. Garrett is passing with confidence again. And giving him a full factory bike in his current team is probably the best of both worlds for him.

14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Not sure having Redding as a teammate next year is ideal. It could be fine, but I have reservations.

15. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

good run GG! best luck tomorrow!!

16. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Great day for GG!

Excellent race 2. Alvaro complaining about Toprak being aggressive is a bit laughable. The best bike will win the title but not the best rider.

418 likes this.
  17. lopitt85

Hell yeah! Way to GG31. Keep riding the wheels off that BMW...and another go around as the best BMW.

18. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Also, GG is 13th in points. But he is now only 5 points behind 8th. Hope he goes well at Jerez!

19. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Insane how much he and the team closed the gap today while the other Beemers went backwards further away than yesterday.

Circacee likes this.
  20. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Doesn’t he like Jerez, can’t remember?