1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how when and why???

Discussion in 'General' started by long path/road, Sep 28, 2023.

1. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

I see golf carts running on main roads, guessing idk dui individuals and such just doing their thing,holding up traffic...had a side by side loaded getting gas taking off in town I'd say average decent size town that is 15, 000 plus idk population....nothing no cops anything...I live literally 6-7 miles out of a town..where last weekend people on 4 wheelers running my road no helmets and nothing.....I take my dirty bike down same road 6-7 miles again from town, helmet on and nothing but blue lights. ...what am I missing? that just sets me the well off. side by side was tearing the town up... and calling bullshit.... what am I missing???

ducnut and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Paragraphs.

G Dawg, E Reed, Spang308 and 9 others like this.
  3. long path/road

yeah not the best in school apologize was better in shop class.

CBRRRRR999 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

"This younger generation". It's one of many old man sayings I'm constantly using. The golf carts are my biggest annoyance.

5. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

The difference is decibels...

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

There's plenty of towns that encourage Golfy carts,seen it first hand.A 4 wheeler can be classified as farm equipment
    so there's that one checked off the list.
    And then dey be ridin dirty filmin dem videos and doin dem wheelies n shit...
    And then there's yo crackuh ass riding a unlicensed dirt bike on public roads with no tag or insurance.

7. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

You need a hug little fellur? :D

8. long path/road

so my woods bike meeting standard? based off of sound/decibels is? louder after rebuild??
    when I can hear the thumpers coming in with super trap exhaust and noise from tires a mile away? idk calling bs ....
    Mr pickle did I do any better?

9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Between sxs, and golf carts on public roads, and for whatever reason people driving around with their high beams on, and they will not turn them down, I am ready to go postal on someone's headlamps. and say there... now you have no headlamps. Drives me insane. Oh, and get off my lawn! Ski

CBRRRRR999, RRP and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  10. Golf carts are legal in my town. I take mine all over, lot easier to park and mine will do 45 ish so can keep up with traffic.

11. long path/road

it's profiling damnit!!! just saying...if has 4 fking wheels well it? must be safe upstanding individual...2 wheels,,whoop whoop get on the ground shit..
    .I should've just pinned it shit! I refuse to go 4 wheels !!,

ski!! got your back, if need to go postal..? let me know I'm on board.!!
    Going to work.. with the led Carolina squats bs where is blinding..me ..now I've thought about it ??? ball bat and crowbar coming home tomorrow..or as yall say 3ft.. phillips.. wood handles comfort grip... I won't but sometimes shit has to make us all wonder wtf..

skidooboy likes this.
  12. long path/road

contribute you are !!!! damn 2 wheel enthusiasts because you have nitrous on the shit., doest make you comparable to the competition...lord have mercy... what ya got a v8 in that shit? anything around here I can walk faster....

13. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I know of a bunch of places that 4-wheelers and side by sides are legal, as long as they have lights and brake lights, including Nashville, TN. I believe this trend started in rural areas where farmers wanted to drive their 4-wheelers, Kawasaki Mules, Kubota's, etc, on public roads.

I just heard recently of a 2 year old dying in a golf cart incident in the very small Iowa town I grew up in, on a 25 mph residential street with no other vehicles involved.

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

its plated or just has a hazard triangle & lights like farm equipment? They are legal by me on surface roads. Technically you cant drive them on urban interstate roads so nitwits drive them down the sidewalks adjacent or in the bike lanes and not in the direction of traffic.

15. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Golf carts are legal in my city with exceptions. Only allowed on roads with a posted speed limit of 35 mph or less and they must be State licensed which means turn signals, brake lights , seat belts and a DOT windshield. Also operator must have a valid license.

Not really my thing but most people I see driving them are much less of a threat than they would be in a car or truck on the road.

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

@In Your Corner

Here's the crabby beeber section! You're not alone. Enjoy :beer:

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I like the golf carts on roads assuming they can keep up with the pace

One less car beating the shit outta the roads is a good thing

Plus if its young fellas that just pounded a 12 pack, they'll do less property damage

It sucks up north though, cause those same kids rip through your deer camp at 45mph and rut the shit outta it

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Those side-by-sides were all over the place when we visited the Black Hills area. The people in them had a wide variety of protective gear from shorts and sunglasses to full face helmets and gloves. Some had license plates, and some didn't. I think pretty much all of them I saw on the road had brake lights and mirrors. I saw several places to rent them including the monstrously large KOA near Mt. Rushmore. They are a good option for RV folks that can't fit through some of the tunnels. Even HD pickups without a camper need to bring or fold their towing mirrors in.

19. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Was in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg back in the spring. Hundreds of SxS rentals everywhere. I stopped in at one rental place to ask where to go to ride them. They said they only allow them on roadways. They will not let you take them off road. They rented them for something like $150 for 4hrs. Ot was insane

ToofPic likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

My development down in FL has an impromptu golf cart parade for Christmas every year. It's quite a sight seeing 25 or so Christmas-decorated carts end to end leading a procession around the development playing music and spreading the merriment.