Held Phantom Air size 9L $150

Discussion in 'Race Gear and Accessories For Sale' started by jettech, Sep 17, 2023.

1. jettech

jettech Well-Known Member

IMG_1197.jpeg IMG_1198.jpeg IMG_1199.jpeg IMG_1200.jpeg IMG_1201.jpeg IMG_1202.jpeg IMG_1203.jpeg
    used for a few trackday sessions over this past season, flow tons of air at speed.thought I would get used to them but the fingers are a bit too short, I have a true size 9/10 palm and fit great in the palm, if u have short fingers then they will fit perfectly
    these are just barely broke in with no signs of wear
    Located in Greensboro NC and will ship

2. curvecrazy

curvecrazy Member

Those are a size 9. Size 9L has the longer fingers. Some suppliers seem to go by size 9.5 for the longer fingers. I’m tempted, but without trying them on….

3. jettech

I am 99% sure the L means large,

4. curvecrazy

curvecrazy Member

I’m 100% sure that L means Large. Question is, Large what? Held, technically, considers their size 9 glove a “Large designation “ glove. They make size 9 gloves in “K” (short finger), in regular, and in “L” (long finger). All of the three would have the same palm circumference size approximately 22.9cm. The regular cut size 9 lists at 19.2cm length from tip of middle finger to base of hand. The “L” long version, is listed at 19.7cm tip middle to base. The 9L is the size 9 long finger version. I have a pair of Held Galaxy gloves here with the tag clearly denoting “9L”. The “9” and the “L” are together on the tag as one linked designation. They are not on the tag as separate designations as shown in your picture.
    So…. What this tells me is that you have a regular cut size 9 (Large) glove. And what you seem to desire is a “Large(long) cut size 9 glove. Because you’re wanting that extra 5 mm of finger length.

I guess it would be best for you to actually provide your actual hand measurements. I am approximately 23cm hand circumference with about a 19.8cm tip middle finger to base of palm. I would technically take a 9L… not a “9”. I have a 9L that was my favorite pair of gloves from 20 years ago now worn out. Could I make a regular size 9 work? Would the fingers stretch enough? You have the gloves and the problem, and you seem to think that they won’t stretch enough and hence selling. Why do you think that please? They say that the kangaroo leather doesn’t stretch like regular cowhide. Thus… you might not get that 5mm of “stretch” come held or high water!!!

Interestingly… the Held size 9.5 is considered a Large LARGE. Meaning that the palm is cut a cm larger circumference and the fingers slightly longer(19.8cm length) than the regular Large long (19.7cm). fwiw.

Possibly, other users of Held gloves can weigh in. Do the kangaroo fingers stretch? If so, how much?

If you can provide your hand circumference and length as specified… round above the thumb and from tip of middle finger to base of palm, then it would be helpful for myself and anyone else interested in buying these gloves. And possibly opine on how much longer you wish that the fingers would be to fit you based on your hand length?

5. jettech

Here are the pictures for your analysis
    Thx
    IMG_9796.jpeg
    IMG_9797.jpeg

6. curvecrazy

curvecrazy Member

Interesting. Your palm circumference would put you into a size 9 1/2. But 9 1/2 would have too long fingers for you. So that would put you into a 10, and probably a 10 K (short).
    You’d mentioned the fingers being too short on these.. but it looks like the glove itself would be very tight on you and if you were able to force your hand in.. then the fingers would seem too long if you go by Helds measurements.
    I wish I could try these on. I’m unfortunately at the upper end of the Held regular size 9.

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

@curvecrazy you taught me a ton on HELD, I bought a pair not knowing any of what you posted and thankfully they fit perfect.

8. jettech