1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1968 Triumph Bonneville

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by chblyth, Sep 19, 2023.

1. chblyth

chblyth Active Member

It comes with great sadness that I put my 1968 Triumph T120 Bobber up for sale. This bike has been my absolute dream bike to own, but having just bought my first home and some unforseen projects popping up, I have to let it go and save a little more cash.

I'm asking $6,500 OBO with a clean PA title in hand. Open to trades for cheaper bikes, with a little cash added.

I've put more than $2700 into this bike just this summer alone, with a lot of engine work and restoration done. The bike has been built pretty solid. All of my maintenance and work on the bike has been performed by Collins Cycle in Sutersville, PA, a veteran vintage Triumph mechanic for over 40 years.

I'm young and not extremely knowledgeable about these bikes, but here's a general rundown of the bike as I know it and recent work I've had done:

Build:
    - Metallic orange paint
    - Black engine and trans casing
    - '68 T120 engine - Chopped frame
    - '71-'72 oil-in-frame forks/suspension
    - '71-'72 front wheel and brake
    - '65-'75 Triumph offroad headlight
    - Manual 2-stage headlight switch
    - Manual kill switch
    - Amal 930 single carb conversion
    - Custom oil tank
    - Custom mini-battery conversion
    - 10" ape hangers
    - Custom bobber seat
    - Painted black rims with bare steel spokes
    - Open steel headers

Recent work & maintenance summer 2023:
    - Complete top end rebuild
    - Heads milled, valves cleaned
    - New head gaskets
    - New trans gaskets
    - Valves adjusted
    - Timing adjusted
    - Front and rear brakes rebuilt
    - New complete Amal 930 carb
    - New coils
    - New spark plugs
    - New fuel lines
    - New oil lines and breather hose
    - New air cleaner
    - New intake manifold
    - New throttle, clutch and brake cables
    - New inline fuse setup
    - New Shinko white-wall tires and tubes
    - New kicker spring and pin
    - New foot peg rubber
    - Repaired tank bolts
    - Repaired trans casing threads

The paint isn't perfect, the inside of the tank could use refinishing this winter, and it will need a new chain done sometime this winter as well. She kicks great, starts, rides, and rips! This bike is bare-bones and sounds like a true vintage machine. This isn't a daily cruiser or canyon carver. This is a bike that takes effort to ride and a wallet to take care of. Regardless, whether you're riding on the weekend or taking it to a show, it turns heads all day long! Come pick up a stunning piece history and fall in love with it as much as I have!

Attached Files:

2. chblyth

chblyth Active Member