1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COTA Update

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Sep 8, 2023.

1. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

It’s already hot as F. And will be 112 by 4p. And this place is deserted.

Once a Wanker.. and Peter Hively like this.
  2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

3. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Holligans are on track now. Now info or jumbo trons in for updates

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

At least they put the baggers last, so everyone will have had some track time before they have to clean the track.

Rugbydad likes this.
  5. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

MA might just lose their ass this weekend with little to no attendance after paying track costs. Terrible decision to race in Texas this time of year, plus the Championship is over. I'll remain hopeful for some good racing at least.

Suzuka_joe, R1Racer99, wsmc42 and 2 others like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not normally this horrific this time of year but yeah, it's gonna hurt.

7. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Well the first track oiling goes to.......................... Bobby Fong!

8. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

As someone from Austin. It is still fucking hot.

9. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I'm about an hour from the track and I will be watching from home. Record heat today and tomorrow. It was today or Saturday that was supposed to be the hottest September day here since 2005 according to the news. If it was Moto GP I would probably brave the heat. But for MA when championships are already decided, I think I will pass.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Damn, I thought we were getting a break in the heat Saturday, looks like that isn't happening until Sunday now where it'll *only* be 99F.

11. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

It was a ghost town at the track. Why they were not part of GP show I’ll never know.

12. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Nobody is going to travel to watch a motoamerica race. I watch the local round live and that’s it.

13. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I rode my Harley 5 hours to watch MotoA at Pittrace a couple weeks ago. Is that not traveling?

14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

25 mile journey?

15. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Bars aren’t that far apart out there, are they?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because being a part of the GP show sucks for the org and the teams.

17. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Fuckers :crackup:

YamahaRick likes this.
  18. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

As long as the load in process was with just MA in the pits, I can't figure out how they'd get the process done in a day, or even fit everyone if GP was here too.

19. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

They went to COTA because of VIR. Aksland was on the pod when the schedule released and said since they rescheduled Barber they needed to fill something on the back end. Therefore they landed on COTA.

He went on the say, heres the ironic bit that the September time "wasnt so bad weather wise, maybe a little hot." He also said the series is growing and they have demonstrated a need for bigger facilities. The addition of the other classes would be enough to make up for not having MotoGp turnout wise. He said the fan base in Houston, Dallas, Austin, and Mexico has enough potential for this to be a win win.

20. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Maybe make it a night race?