1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK 2024: Rea replaces Toprak?!

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Sep 2, 2023.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I've seen it mentioned a lot on Twitter it seems like either a very valid threat to Kawasaki or a really badly kept secret that's already finalized.

3. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Didn’t see that one coming, but can hardly blame him.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Wow. Surprised that Kawi would let him out of his contract.

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

6. prm

prm Well-Known Member

They suggest this is a chance for a more competitive bike. Is that really true? I see it more as a lateral move.

BigBird, evakat, 418 and 2 others like this.
  7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

World sbk barely gets a weekend thread much less a silly season one

Senna likes this.
  8. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Nah, with how Toprack has out performed Rea the last 2.5 years if Rea doesn’t believe the Yamaha is better then that means he thinks Toprack is better. If that’s the case he might as well give up.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. giggity

giggity I don’t know bout that

Riders' careers are always rising and falling. If you're at the top, there's only one way to go. If you're chasing the top, there's only one place to be. I love this shit!

BigBird likes this.
  10. Quick6RR

Quick6RR Well-Known Member

I figured something like this was in the works when Toprak announced he was leaving the team. The only way Yamaha would allow him to leave was if another superstar was filling his shoes, I figured someone from GP would drop down but I never imagined it would be Rea. He’s gonna remain a serious contender aboard the Yamaha. I don’t see Toprak being strong at all on the BMW.

BigBird and ShadowBoxer like this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don’t see it as a great move for Rea unless he knows something about the future of the Kawasaki liter bike.

He’s chucking away a future as the face of Kawasaki long after he retires for a few seasons on the second or third best bike.

12. Quick6RR

Quick6RR Well-Known Member

IMO the Yamaha is the best bike, Alvaro is just pushing the Ducati to the absolute limits, but the rest of the Duc’s (and Kawi’s) are regularly behind Toprak

Last edited: Sep 3, 2023
  13. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Now that is some funny stuff right there...

jd41, cbush, BigBird and 6 others like this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No!

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Officially leaving krt

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Officially joined Yamaha too

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"Allow?" Did they have a choice?

18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I will say SBK has gotten better the last few years as I didnt want to watch anymore when Rea was just winning everything. You need parity. Bautista and Ducati are clearly a great package but with rumors of a seamless gearbox from Yamaha on R1 will be interesting. I guess Rea has seen Yamaha plans for progress and thinks they will have a competitive bike in the next 2 years. IDK, I was mad they let Toprak leave, but this makes more sense now.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

We went from Rea winning everything to Bautista winning everything.

Not sure if I would call that an improvment.

The only thing I can see is Bautista is a little more mentally fragilie so there is a chance.

The only way Rea is gonna beat Bautista is on a Ducati.

20. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I mean, we had a Yamaha championship 2 years ago. Yes Bautista is strong right now, but I think manufacture progress is quicker here then it is with MotoGP. Yamaha and Honda are F0cked right now with no change in sight. Ducati is putting alot of effort into winning on two wheels and it shows.

Still better then Rea winning his 15th championship in a row...

ShadowBoxer likes this.