1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oliver Anthony music...

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Aug 28, 2023.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Besides the incredibly viral "Rich Men" song, have any of you listened to his other songs?

Guy is like a modern day Johnny Cash. His songs are powerful and you can tell this guy has had a history that resonates with a lot of people in America. I was listening to a lot of his stuff driving home late last week; just moving and powerfully connecting stuff.

IF you haven't listened to anything other than the viral song, I would suggest hitting up his stuff on YouTube.....his stuff will really make ya think.

That's all.

MELK-MAN and Dragginass like this.
  2. E-Van

E-Van Well-Known Member

Check out the “radiowv” YouTube page. Whoever their talent scout is, they do an amazing job.

RRP, Circacee and ChemGuy like this.
  3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

He's definitely authentic, but for the same reason that certain types of music evolved the way they did. He's suffered through some crap, and needed an outlet. Story old as time.

4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

As good as his music is, his interviews are even better. Turning down cubic dollars that have been thrown at him and just trying to get people to think. I lost it though when he said “I just want to go back to the woods” :crackup:

ClemsonsR6 and sharkattack like this.
  5. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

His cover of The Ballad of Curtis Lowe is pretty damn good.

jasonhise likes this.
  6. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I appreciate that he does not want to be used as a political tool.

418 and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  7. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

"if you're 5-foot-3 and you're 300 pounds / Taxes ought not to pay for your bags of fudge rounds"

RRP, 5axis, KneeDragger_c69 and 5 others like this.
  8. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I posted that on a Facebook post this morning....it's gotten great reviews! LOL.

Lawdog78 likes this.
  9. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Joe Rogan just dropped an interview with him. Looking forward to listening.

11. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I watched a couple clips on YouTube from his Rogan interview. He came across really good IMO.

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I had never heard of him until yesterday. I’ll have to give him a few more listens but initial thoughts are it’s pretty darn alright.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don't get it. Singing skills are not very good. Basic guitar accompaniment. Singing about The Man having money and working for shit pay.

Son, go get a college degree and up your game.

Educate yourself on the issues and don't vote for the power cronies.

I'm F'ing tired of all the whining going on. The world is a competitive place.

This shit is why I'm getting out of the rental property game. Everyone thinks they're entitled to free stuff at my expense.

KneeDragger_c69, cpettit and bpro like this.
  15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Well, I'd say you have educated yourself on the issues. My time as a landlord has left me with a very low opinion of the human race, present company excluded of course.

KneeDragger_c69 and 27 like this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Donuts.

<runs for cover>

auminer likes this.
  18. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

You think a college degree is a guarantee of success in the current world? I think the only thing it’s giving recent grads is crushing debt..

Dave Wolfe and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  19. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Motion does have a fantastic record of reading things!!!

motion and 418 like this.
  20. 418

418 Expert #59

He's no Billie Elish, that's for sure. :Poke:

motion and auminer like this.