1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diesel Techs I Need Your Help

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Jul 28, 2023.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Well, its 70% + water, so that's pretty accurate

Couple other things I'd like to add.....it freezes similar to water, and also has a shelf life.

If your buddy with the 5yr old jug in the home basement he just bought offers it to you for free.....run. you'll end up having an expensive lesson

I did the math at my shop on the 2 gallon cubes vs buying bulk......unless you're doing big big scale shit you're far ahead of the game buying auto store brand cubes a dozen at a time.

Keep in mind where I'm at you also have to heat it 6 months of the year, and if anyone punctures that drum you have a haz waste soil cleanup on your hands.

We have commercial autozone account as they're close and do free delivery, never had any issues with their house brand in almost 10 yrs

I also like I can take a cube or 2 in the cab in the dead of winter and its heated from the cab

2. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i can point you to a good ford diesel repair - K&M powerstroke . i dont know how near you are to the I.E. but they are in bloomington. Manny is the owner and if you happen to call him, tell him kent sent you. these guys are honest.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I am in Central Texas now. When I was in California, I had good luck with Domestic Diesel out in Chino. Surprised, I don't recognize that shop but I will pass that on to people still out there.

gixer1100 likes this.
  4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Central TX like Austin area? What shop is this that dicked with you, then? I wanna know to avoid them.

backbone likes this.
  5. backbone

backbone scarred for life

If in the Austin area, Malone Diesel in Dripping Springs has done a few things on my 7.3 and have always been a fair price.

tophyr and wsmc42 like this.
  6. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Yep. I was in Georgetown and now in Salado/Belton area. It is Mack Haik Ford. The private shop I tried once with ok service was Dependable Diesel in Cedar Park.

Quick update...So after weighing out my options, I ended up submitting a claim to my insurance. Insurance is covering the full repair and my rental. Now the issue is all the parts are not available. Truck is still sitting at the dealership. Of course they want to use all Ford factory branded parts. I see a few places online advertising they sell the same parts made by same manufacturer (Bosch) only not branded Ford or Motorcraft. Trying to decide if I should get it to an independent shop that will use those parts.

7. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Where wre you at time/miles as far as vehicle warranty is concerned ?

With something like this you might be far ahead of the game at the dealership

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Right on. I'm a little bit the other way, in Spicewood, but I've got some friends in Cedar Park and am out that way a fair bit.