1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon alternatives?

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Aug 16, 2023.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Is it jusy me or did Amazon go from next day delivery to...you should get it next week'ish? Or when we feel like it. Or not at all.

These asshats have a monopoly on the whole industry and they seem to know it. Last week I ordered something from EBay and it came from Amazon.

I would love to stop giving my money to these clowns without inconviencing the shit out of my own life.

Yes I know, first world problems and shit.

Shenanigans, scottn, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  2. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Are you sure that it didn’t come from a middle man? I have a friend that runs a little scheme like that. Hes in FB groups that post really good deals on Walmart.com. When a great deal pops up, he makes a FB marketplace ad for the product at a higher price. Then people will buy it from him, not knowing that they could buy it from Walmart.com themselves for cheaper. He then just orders it from WM, and ships it to the buyer, making himself a few bucks just for a few minutes of computer work. He actually makes quite a bit of money doing this. Id imagine that there are people that do the same thing with Amazon.

stk0308 and auminer like this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I ordered a bunch of life vests for my rental shop from like 5 different Ebay sellers. They all arrived in Walmart boxes, direct from Walmart. I couldn't really figure out what was going on, because the price was the same as Walmart's, and Walmart was showing sold out.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You don't have any more choices because the local stores to you that you could visit physically are gone because you wanted shit delivered to the house.

Shenanigans, scottn, Spang308 and 9 others like this.
  5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Fuck Amazon.

Bezos is not dumb. He gives equal amount to each party every election cycle.

They delivered a Lowes shipment I ordered

Now they're in bed with the government.

You fat ass lazy neighbor can buy food with EBT and deliver it right to their doorstep

Did some work at their massive facility by us, there's miniature trains on rails driving around in there with nobody on them moving packages.

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I hate it when I buy ebay stuff and its fulfilled by bezos!

Ive actually asked some ebay sellers if they use the amazon warehouse.

418 likes this.
  7. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I hate Amazon for my own reasons so we direct order from as many places we can or use Walmart.com if we have to.
    We try to use shippers we like as much as possible too.

8. tsflstb

tsflstb Well-Known Member

The giant fulfillment centers are popping up all over Texas.

I tell my kids that’s where the Chinese will house them in internment camps when they take over.

on the flip side I ordered a modified choke for a Browning shotgun 6 hours ago and it’s on the truck for delivery now.

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Used to be 5 days to my house, but its 8-10 days lately + they're schlepping a lot of the deliveries to the post office. The ladies there take up to a week to put the pickup note in my box, so those Amazon Prime orders can take over 2 weeks before I get my hands on them.

418 likes this.
  10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I'm next day on most orders.

Last time I ordered from Walmart, I ordered 10 Jugs of DEF to delivered to my business address. I get a call at 7:30PM by an uber eats chick saying she's out in front with my jugs of DEF and my gates closed. I said sorry, I'm not driving back to work to unload you, bring it back tomorrow. She called 3 or 4 more times begging and crying and I finally gave in. That was it for me and Wally World.

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I still get my shit in 1-2 days, once in a while it's same day. You could try Temu or Alibaba if you're feeling lucky

stk0308 likes this.
  12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I live in the woods and it's 2 day max on Amazon.
    E-bay...well...:D

13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Pre covid Amazon was very good at getting packages to the consumer quickly. During covid that went shit, understandable. Post covid, it has stayed shit, and you’re told it’s fallout from covid.
    The reality, they got everyone comfortable with mediocrity. What once was average and below average now passes as very good/good. The shit show, standing room only…

418, Killswitch and tony 340 like this.
  14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Preferring to use Walmart over Amazon is an interesting choice. Both are big box stores that have put local mom&pop out of business. Both get their products the same way. I see little difference in them. Do try to sell me on that "Buy 'murican" bullshit Walmart peddled for years. It was well debunked.

mpusch, Rebel635, Clay and 1 other person like this.
  15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

You go to Walmart to remind yourself just how attractive and well dressed you are in the scheme of things.

mpusch, Rebel635, Spang308 and 3 others like this.
  16. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Some of the Amazon delivery problems are with some specific vehicles they use breaking down.

A lot.

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I already see them pop up for sale at our local auction place monthly.

A lot of these guys deliver in personal cars here, sometimes uhaul rentals

18. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's a whole udder thing entirely... o_O

20. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

They’ve actually gotten better up here in Canada. Used to be a week shipping then two day, now I can order a lot of things next day. I live an hour from Toronto and all the local places are “oh yea we can order that for you….”