1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toolbox organization

Discussion in 'General' started by DBConz, Aug 9, 2023.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Yep.

2. backho

backho Well-Known Member

3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I use that in mine as well. Does a reasonable job of keeping things in place. Even did a reasonable job when the rolling chest was in the trailer bouncing up and down headed to the track or back home. After seeing the toolbox widget stuff there may be a change in strategy.

5. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i was hoping someone on here would have feedback on them. i read reviews and the magnet isnt that strong. the kit is a pack of 12, which means you'll probably need a lot to organize your tools

6. tsflstb

tsflstb Well-Known Member

My kid wanted to use my label maker for her storage bin drawers.

After a few attempts she settled on “miscellaneous”, “random” and “stuff”.

YamahaRick likes this.
  7. Venom51

Cheap enough to evaluate in a single drawer of the box before going full bore.

8. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Using the Toolbox Widget in my old box:

IMG_8839.jpg

evakat, JBall and backho like this.
  9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i have 3 kits that arrived today. is the magnet strong enough to hold through the padding? would they move around if in a trailer heading to the track?

any reason you didnt get the angled ones for your wrenches? they're easier to read

10. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

The magnets are strong enough for a staionary box, in a trailer they will probably move around. Might work better without the padding.

The angled ones take up more room. I did get the angled ones for the bigger wrenches as they won't fit in the drawer on edge.

I use them for ratchets and extensions also. I can take more pictures if you want (only one pic on the phone)

Sabre699 and DBConz like this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about CNC machines. About 2 weeks ago I was offered the opportunity to buy some forklifts from an Electric car manufacturer that is going out of business. Their location was pretty close to me 3 years ago, but they moved out of the LA ghetto and into Orange County. Anyway, I fixed a forklift for free for them, because the head guys daughter danced with my daughter during high school.

They have a Haas CNC machine and a bunch of other stuff I could buy, water jet, lots of JET equipment, etc. I bought a forklift, Miller Tig, snap on box with tools, nut and bolt bins fully stocked, 3 evaporative coolers for my guys in the shop, etc. I thought about getting a loan and buying everything for pennies on the dollar, but it seemed he wanted too much for many of the items and I couldn't buy them, and potentially lose money because the economy looses steam.

71122499358__7C0FF533-339C-475C-94A8-92C2F5DDC63B.jpeg 71122501064__2D57D6C5-1C46-4F9E-89E6-578466A0CE87.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'd love to have that machine so I could stare at it in my driveway wondering WTF to do now with it. :D

Boman Forklift and YamahaRick like this.
  13. Venom51

VF-3SS is a solid machine. That's probably $80 to 90k new before tooling. That's way more machine than I have or need.

If you were good a plotting on graph paper in high school then you understand most of what is happening with a CNC machine,

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Nice capable machine. We have a VF3 at work (as well as a vf6, vf5, and vf2). Depending what they wanted for it, and the condition and hours on it, it could be a money maker.

You buy it, and I'll come program and run it for you during the winters to escape the frozen north.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I think this may be my new favorite way of organizing things. I have so many random sockets and sets. It would be way better to throw the spares together.

This is one of the things I'm most excited about decluttering with our Japan move. I got rid of so much crap, so that when we come back I can devise an actual strategy for where/how I store my tools. I got rid of most of my organizers and kept my tools in storage.

Scout and auminer like this.
  16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I've got ~ 6 years to prepare to go from 5 acres, 2800SF house with oversized deep 2 car detached garage and a 1000SF outbuilding... to 1500SF house with one car garage on a city lot and maaaaaaaaybe a she-shed in the backyard.

Dog help me.

18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I can do 99% of my work with a medium sized tool roll and a wrench roll. The rest is just for fun. You just have to embrace the simple life at that point (and stop acquiring parallel projects...)

19. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

3phase 220?

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well, I was going to offer it up to @Venom51 for whatever I could buy it for and that offer still stands. You are in position two for the same offer.

I know both of you, after that, I may try and make a profit on it. It supposedly has very little time on it. Also, when I picked up some of my items last week and asked him what else he has, he told me there is a chance another car company it going to buy everything out of BK, but he didn't think that would happen. My stuff was over 30K, and I'm sure if I had bought everything in there, which i thought about, I would have had to get a loan for several hundred thousand. Plus I'm so full of stuff at my warehouse I would have needed to go get a quick 5K month to month space.

@Venom51 and @Dan Dubeau if it is still available and you want it, I can give you his number or we can do a joint call? I don't need a penny and will haul it out of there and take it to my place for the few days/weeks it takes you to arrange shipping.

So, @Dan Dubeau how much money are we talking about making if you came to wonderful S. Cal and we had a little side business? I'm guessing we can't realistically make enough for you to be here and me to pay for it, but it would be a nice vacation for you and Mama. This machine isn't that large, and I have all 480/ 277/240 3 phase, plus all of them in single phase too, as I recall, but can check if needed.