1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best method to break in a new race suit

Discussion in 'General' started by 05Yamabomber, Aug 8, 2023.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Crevier style…

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That’s your gloves and on your hands. Why would you pee on your own suit?

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Territorial marking.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That’s peeing on other people’s stuff.

This is mine! That’s mine! I don’t know what this is but it’s mine! I don’t want that but all the stuff over here is mine!

5. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

OK OK don't be weirding out on us.

6. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I just did this a few weeks ago on a brand new suit in the areas that were tight. Rubbed some Lexol leather conditioner in the same areas, blew up the ball so it was really stressing the seems and let it sit over night……Night and day difference…..couldn’t believe the difference it made.

I was skeptical that it would stay and not shrink back but it stayed stretched.

Rising likes this.
  7. Jim

Jim Know your grids...

Don't use water, use rubbing alcohol in the areas you want to stretch. Soak those areas completely! wear it until it dries completely! Alcohol will let it stretch and then dry much faster than water with little damage. Same thing works for shoes. Pour a bottle of alcohol in the shoe/boot ... works great. That is how we broke in work shoes...Trust me.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  8. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

My gym is in the house , so I just work out in the suit for how ever many times I can fit in before its time to go to the track . I also use the wifes high dollar skin lotion on the bendy parts intermittent , I dont tell her .

Rising likes this.