1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or will you buy one?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedWerks Racing, May 9, 2023.

Tags:
?

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or would you buy one?

1. Hell Yes! It's gotta flippin Auto-Blipper.

2. No way, No interest, 600 money, too heavy, my wife's...

3. I'm looking and getting the next one I can.

4. I'm a "Feeler, Dibs kinda Guy" just show me the results, so I can live vicariously.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

My point was a lighter bike will be able to corner faster. Engine revs don't make any difference when it comes to cornering other than gyroscopic forces all else being equal. A 400lb ZX4RR with similar weight and wheelbase to an R7/RS660 will have similar cornering speed. A 125/250 GP bike that weighed 120lbs less will be able to corner significantly faster.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

upload_2023-8-8_16-10-15.png

sharky nrk, 418 and cbush like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I remember the roadracing world testing of the lighter faster theory it actually didn't hold true.

4. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

So a goldwing will go just as fast around the track as a r6

5. Sweatypants

while i'll humor you to respond cause i'm bored and that's a virtually impossible test to actually hold enough things constant to make relevant... rider, weight, skill, geometry, weight distribution of rider on the bike and ergos, weight distribution of the motor and fuel of the bike design, tire compound, suspension setup, engine design, power band characteristics and delivery, etc...

math and physics says it holds true for any given level of horsepower. the easiest way would be to take the exact same bike and just lop 100lbs. off one and try to get the suspension to act the exact same. the lighter bike will be faster every single time.

the day a new R7 beats ANY setup 250 GP bike will be the day the earth implodes. and i don't mean some time from 20 years ago with 20 years ago tires on a track that's been redone 5 times from 20 years ago. i mean set one up right now and run it against an R7, SV650, ZX4RR, etc... and that's not a discussion.

6. ridelater

ridelater Active Member

A friend of mine is building one now. He’s getting some parts made. I think he’s slapping some race plastics on this weekend and hitting the track for the first time at summit. On his Kawasaki 650 he runs 19-22 range. I’ll be checking his lap times. Could be a cheap bike to race compared to build a R7 or rs660

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Ok another poll.
    Who's raced a TZ/RS125 or a TZ/RS250 and against other bikes?

8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Nothing says your model is complete. I’d wager weight impacts side to side transition time and acceleration but no real impact on corner speed.

9. Sweatypants

and acceleration. and braking distance. and. and. and...

10. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Who has race plastic for the new ZX400rr ?
    I can't find any that's available

11. 969

969 Well-Known Member

Depends on the rider.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
  12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Baggers are not that far off :)

13. gixxerboy55

Yeah that's pretty incredible, but there putting out around 160hp

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

like I said, acceleration.

15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

and over 600#

16. 418

418 Expert #59

160?

It's gotta be more like 200.

17. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Roland Sands Indian "bagger" race bike. Weighs in 237 lbs lighter than the stock machine they started with. Could be as much as another 60 lbs lighter, but there's a minimum spec

Weight is everything..for acceleration

Losing just 30-40 lbs makes a substantial difference in E.T.s. on any machine.
    It's not even open for debate.

The current machine/ machines are twisting out 170 lbs of torque , and can easily attain 170 mph.

I should know this:flag:

Head to head, This machine would utterly annihilate a Zx400RR.

Big or small, all the cycles are great. All bikes are a barrel of monkeys. It's nice to see racing being pushed in a different unexpected directions. Small and heavy machines, Instead of rows of look alike 200 h.p. plastic clones.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2023
    gixxerboy55 likes this.
  18. gixxerboy55

It's definitely not your grandfathers Harley

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

418 likes this.
  20. gixxerboy55

Yeah it's very sporty, with a reverse gear.