1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job hunting SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxerjosh, Jul 19, 2004.

1. gixxerjosh

gixxerjosh Captain America's Flunky

For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to find a job to support myself and my "CRACK" (racing) habit. It has been so tough that I have hung up my leathers and decided to call it quits for a while. SOB SOB!! Lately I have been on every job hunting website imaginable and sent my resume to several (feels like hundreds) of different prospects. NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!! This sucks! If anyone knows of someone who might be hiring in the Auburn, Al or Greenville, S.C. are please please let me know. I have 10 years of Managerial experience in an office setting (mostly medical) and some good people skills. I also have great promotional skills. THanks and wish me luck!

2. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

I hear ya. Anybody know if any jobs in the Wilmington DE area, please let me know (Admin support type stuff).

About 90% of the contractors at my work were told last week that our contracts are being ended and our last day is 30 July. All this after my contract was just renewed for another year. GGGRRR!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

3. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

I feel your pain. I hung my leathers 2 months ago as well. For me it's been 2 moths looking. Went to a carreer services workshop today at the unemployment office and they said that right now it takes about 3.8 months to get employed again. It depends on the field but that's the average of all.

4. gixxerjosh

OUCH!!! Bartending here I come!!:beer:

5. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

:Poke:

:D

6. gixxerjosh

Hey Greenie AKA Jiggy Mcstupidhead or Powercommander, whatever your name is today......

:moon: :moon:

Hows that for people skills!

7. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Found your new boss....you don't want to know what your position in the organization will be...:p

[​IMG]

8. 3wfab

3wfab Mr. Tsongas to you..

please don't do that again...ever :Puke:

#249 Well-Known Member

If my calculations are correct, there's about 3.8 months left in my racing season (at least for the MA guys) counting the GNF. :D
    Deeper in debt here I come :up: , but at least I'm racing :beer:

In the meantime I'll be looking for a job.....seriously ;)

10. gixxerjosh

11. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

GET IN HER BELLLLYYYYY!!! :D

12. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Physician, heal thyself.
    Check your avatar. :p

13. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Check the University of Delaware's jobs. Mediocre pay....but great bennies.

14. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

WHER'S DA BEEEEEF !:Puke: :Puke: :Puke:

15. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

Thanks MudDawg, I'll check into it.

16. 3wfab

I'd be more worried about you.....

Stop licking your butt! Bad dog! :D

17. 3wfab

Actually we do have a resemblance.........Hey baby..you party???

18. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

2 weeks? That's not such a long time to me. I'm going on 3 months ovah' heah'...

It's pretty likely nothing will happen if you let your resume languish in hard drive cyber-hell. At the very least find a person to talk with IRL at the company in which you're interested and follow up the submission.
    I've heard from around the way (no personal experience yet) that if you find a job online at, say, Monster or something, go directly to the solicitors' website and apply there, rather than thru the 2nd party website (monster). Even better if you can actually send a presentable hard copy C/L and resume to a decision maker at the company, and follow up in a few days with a phone call to that person. Let them know you're not just a resume, you're a real person and truly interested in the position. Persistence and eagerness go a long way...
    I've found that online web applications are really just a way for companies to fill coffers in their organizations with potential future employees if someday the situation ever arises that they need someone, whether or not they're actually seeking to fill that particular position(s) or not.
    Just got backa few minutes ago from Auburn, where I had an interview. Cool-ass'd town, I really like it there. Don't feel too good about the interview though, I feel they may just be fishing. We'll see...
    I am. :up:

-Wish

19. hdrk2006

hdrk2006 Well-Known Member

Josh, shoot my wife an email and your resume. She does staffing (mostly medical) nationwide.

[email protected]

20. Damn why did you put your girlfriends pic on here :D :Poke: