1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB 2nd gen SV650 fairing stay

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by marosky998, Aug 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. marosky998

marosky998 Member

Howdy, looking for a SV650 fairing stay the Vortex on mine is on its last leg and seems like R&R racing out of Illinois with a $100 unit is out of business. I've seen the Robem and Ghetto Customs stays but being a cheap bastard, figured asking here may find an alternative.

jasonhise likes this.
  2. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

Want an OEM one or just aftermarket? I have a nice 2nd Gen OEM one. 24467 is my zip code. How's $35 plus shipping sound?

3. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Now that is a great price!

jasonhise likes this.
  4. marosky998

marosky998 Member

I'd prefer an aftermarket and that is a fantastic price

jasonhise likes this.
  5. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Is the Vortex you have look repairable? I’ve rewelded and fixed many of these over the years. I’d you’re at any southeast events we could link up.

I have one that I’ll be making soon, altho pricing would probably be in the $140 range. That being said, I’ll have at least one preproduction unit that I’d sell cheaper since it has a minor fitment issue (stock SV master cylinder rubs/hits the dash at full lock). If time isn’t an issue it could be an option? Once I can make a few I’ll not need this one anymore.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Tas and No Brakes like this.
  6. marosky998

marosky998 Member

I've brazed the one arm in place, adding a piece of an old golf club to hold it in place. It works , but busted last weekend.
    I'm in the northeast, . I like the design of yours , simple and looks a lot more abuse tolerant. And would be interested in it once you get into production.

Love the way track/racers come up with simple to problems