1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Right, I keep forgetting that the one-year thing the longer applies to me. It's been a couple of decades since I have had to be concerned about that.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had an epiphany over the past fewyears on the performance of my actively managed funds. Very tired of paying people to get embarrassed by the index, when they are not downright losing money. I've been making some major changes.

Jedb and PPPope like this.
  3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That's the underlying premise of "The Big Investment Lie"
    Unless they are cheating, or one of a couple of people that make their own weather system (Peter Lynch, Warren Buffet) over time they won't beat the indices.
    Additionally, you are out the management fees and any gains that could be made with that money.

DJIA
    S&P 500
    Russel 200
    International (Non-US) Index
    REIT fund(s)

BigBird likes this.
  4. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

haha prob so as one acct im about there with you and another around 20% down

5. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i got in on chpt aka chargepoint couple years ago and its just a downward spiral which im unsure why. Its a charging tech provider which i thought should just be going up but wtf do i know

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's the part that angers the most. You are paying them even if they lose your money.

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

they don’t lose.
    Why do you think they have 3 piece suits, French cuffs and bling watches?

worse than yellow Ferrari drivers in my mind.

Trainwreck likes this.
  8. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Anyone following Chinese electric automaker BYD ?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Congratulation on those who stayed on the META gravy train. It looks like it's going to keep going for a while. :beer:

Boman Forklift and Tristan like this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

OK WTF happened today that i missed??? Around lunch time I checked my shit and it was all nice and green. I just looked and its so red it makes Stalin look like a McCarthy. WTF!?!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

May not have anything to do with your shit but I've been seeing that B of A is in trouble.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's a shit bank. The world will be better off if they go away.

TurboBlew and Banditracer like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, that's kind of a surprise.

14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Thanks. I did read that a bunch of banks have to raise capital levels, so maybe that's part of it.

15. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

Bummer. This is the first I'm hearing of this, and it is my bank.

I was with Lasalle Bank in Chicago, who ultimately got bought out.

I don't have retirement money with them, but it's my everyday bank for all things life. Should I be moving money? Or just slowly walking to the ATM?

Being poor is gonna pay off I bet!

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

This will be key to everything. Imagine giant behemoth banks, backed by the fed, buying up smaller banks left and right. Then imagine a new fed based payment system, that's VOLUNTARY, suddenly be adopted by fed backed "too big to fail" banks. Then those giant banks are all that's left. Nahhhh, that'd never happen!

BigBird likes this.
  17. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I lowkey think Ferrari keeps tabs on all the dentists who buy yellow Ferrari's. Then when they release something sweet like the 488GTB F90 Stradale, or the LaFerrari, all those people who purchased a yellow Ferrari are NOT allowed to buy them. Ferrari is like "No... You have to buy the SUV, you uncultured swine" sips cup of Spaghetti*

FWIW I'd just wanna be rich and cool enough to do their FXX program.

Anyway... STONKS

18. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

anyone a long term apple investor?

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm buying some stocks lately... Beef....... chicken......... vegetable.

I hope someday I'll be a bullionaire. o_O

scottn, L8RSK8R, Jedb and 2 others like this.
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

If you get a chance you should try to make it to one of their events.
    https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/corse...n-to-mugello-for-finali-mondiali-ferrari-2023

it makes a domestic superbike team look... underfunded.