1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official YouTube Video Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 13, 2009.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Roundup is illegal up here. Right to jail.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:eek: I had no idea.

Edit- Just did some googling and found a bunch of conflicting info.

3. Dan Dubeau

You need a license to spray it*. But it's easy to get your hands on some. Apparently hard for track owners though.

*My direct knowledge of this is at least 10 years old. Haven't looked into it, as I have no need. I have a source.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

If I was still racing I could make some big bucks smuggling it across. :crackup:

5. Dan Dubeau

Ah, smuggling. The only way to make money in racing lol

Boman Forklift and Banditracer like this.
  6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

2300 HP

DJ Baker, 418 and Boman Forklift like this.
  8. Waldo Pepper

Waldo Pepper Active Member

I dont get that guy. He seems like he doesnt know much but he clearly does. This is not the first basket case he has tackled.

I really enjoy his content. Its part of my regulars along with Hoovies and DeMuro.

9. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

The only way to justify paying almost $600k for a for a flood damaged $2 million car is to part it out. One door is $45k, running motor maybe $200k, etc. It is probably not that stupid.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

His 675 LT was child's play compared to this project. This is sheer craziness.
    Hoovie was funnier before he started making serious money and buying expensive cars.
    DeMuro is an acquired taste. It takes a looooong time. Ask @Boman Forklift :D

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Hoovie is sad since his wife took him to the cleaners. DeMuro? Jeez....I'd stick a 3 foot screwdriver in my ear, just so I didn't have to listen to his voice. I'm not sure if that's affectation, or his real speaking voice, but it's annoying as hell.

stk0308 likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hahaha an impossible to acquire taste.

TLDR. Doug Demuro’s company, cars&bids is trying to screw me.

I’m actually having an issue with his company he started called cars&bids. I won a car that I bid on while out of town. While the car was in S. Cal, I discovered it while I was dealing with my MIL winding down her affairs in N. Cal, so I couldn’t see it in person. https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9AqELm1o/2004-mini-cooper-s-mc40

Get back in town and go over with my best friend to pick it up. There are 4-6 dents in the roof that were conveniently not shown in pictures. When you open the rear hatch, on the roof line there was clear sanding and plaint bleed through all the way across the back and messed up tape marks between the red and white. I think it has been repainted. Clear coat was peeling on the front bumper, there were a few door dings…all things not disclosed.

Under the hood one of the headlights has MC for mini Cooper written in yellow paint pen like they do on junkyard parts,

I didn’t even test drive it. I tell him I don’t want it because I think it has possibly been wrecked/painted. He brings his lady out to tell me it hasn’t been wrecked or repainted..blah blah blah. But it has had multiple owners, so maybe it happened before him? He did admit it sat outside for a long time and he had it re-clear coated, which wasn’t disclosed either. The trim around the roof was all really rough like someone had crinkle coat painted it, but I think that was the sun damage.

IMO a regular S mini this old, is a $4-6k car. I owned one before and really enjoy them. This is a one year only special edition, with only 1,000 produced. They commemorated the Monte Carlo Rally win in 1964, and this car was painted and stickered to look like the winning car. I always liked them for some reason?

So I don’t take the car and let cars&bids know. They don’t want to refund my 4.5% buyers fee and say if I don’t complete the transaction I will be kicked off the site. I’ve explained how the seller purposefully hid sections and didn’t disclose issues.

They say it is a binding contract, not a win and maybe buy. I explain how in many auctions the seller points out with pictures every flaw and points to it. Since this is a “collector “ car it was bid up to $12,500 based on the description of it being in excellent shape. Since it isn’t being shown honestly, all the bidders bid it up to a higher price, based on how it was described.

I suggested they need to put in more effort with sellers and photographers to disclose flaws on nicer or collector cars. They should educate every seller that they are the eyes for buyers, and to bid online without seeing the vehicle, the seller needs to be honest with flaws and have integrity.

I realize this isn’t much money, and is a “cheap car” but at this point it is the principle. After 3-5 emails they finally offered to refund half my buyers fee towards the purchase of the car. The entire fee is 4.5% or $562.50 and to work it out with the seller or I’m kicked off the site.

The $281.25 credit is insignificant, IMO. I think this is probably a 6-8k car in this condition, and who knows what else he is hiding? A buddy that got ripped off on an auction, told me in his experience, sellers like this sometimes can’t sell local, so they use the auctions to move things without proper disclosure, hoping the winner has it shipped and doesn’t realize the deception until it is too late.

I’m just amazed cars&bids can run a business like this and not look at it from both sides. I always try to put myself in the customers shoes too. If I can make a problem go away for only a $562.50 credit, when I clearly didn’t perform the service, it seems like a no brainer to me.

In my business, I’ve sold a forklift with a warranty and had a motor fail after the warranty was over. I think it was 1-2 months after, not years. Anyway I rebuilt it and didn’t charge the customer. They didn’t do anything wrong, and it was just the luck of the draw. I’m in this business for the long haul and IMO my reputation is worth more than the $5k motor rebuild is. I really don’t get how they don’t see it the same way and at this point we are fighting over 1/2 of 562.50 plus me being suspended.

I finally told them, look I’m not trying to take advantage, keep the fee on my account as a prepayment until my next win and apply it then. But I won’t buy that car at 12,500 when it was fraudulently represented. They haven’t responded to that yet

Last edited: Jul 14, 2023
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you really want to continue being a customer after that? Take that half-refund and let them kick you off the site. Like you said, the principal matters.

Are you one of the book of faces people? If yes, I imagine that you have lots of friends within this enthusiasts community. And I'm sure they have lots of friends too. Post this story there if they kick you off. And ask them to share it. If it spreads just around the racing community, that will be enough enthusiast eyeballs to catch someone's attention and make them rethink the way they treat good people.

Boman Forklift, 418 and Banditracer like this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s something I was thinking about doing. Yes, unfortunately I’m no longer doing business with them.

An attorney friend of mine was bidding on a Porsche during all of this and was high bidder without meeting reserve. They contacted him trying to make the deal happen. He brought up my situation and said until they took care of it he had no interest in buying that car via them. They said that’s a separate issue and is of no relevance.

17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Somebody in the ATL metro area has this.

20. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production