1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTOAMERICA SUPERBIKES AT AT MONTEREY - July 7-9

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jul 4, 2023.

1. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I probably missed it but...........Joe Roberts on an R1 at the Laguna tire test?

3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Fores*

HPPT likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks. As I was writing that, I was thinking "Jordi sounds like the wrong first name." :)

5. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

6. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

Out of the loop, inquiring mind(s) would like to know... what's the scoop?

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So there is no STK1000, Jr. Cup or Enfield races this weekend.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

It was in the RRW article linked earlier.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  9. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

I guess I was hoping someone here would have more information than the one sentence in the RRW articles. While it would be nice to see him return to our home series, I hope his time in Moto2 isn't coming to a close.

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I am only speculating here, but I would imagine that he is hanging out in CA while MotoGP is on break. He was available to give some input on the track, so MA or Dunlop asked him to participate.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It wouldn't be crazy on his part to be thinking about the after. At this point, I don't see a path to MotoGP. Not with some of the people who are going to be needing rides.

tophyr likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, in retrospect, it is too bad he didn’t jump on that Aprila offer for MotoGP.

CRA_Fizzer and DJ Baker like this.
  13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

And people called me nuts for making just that claim at the time. No guarantee of success, but that Aprilia wasn't a complete shitbox and having an American in MotoGP would have bought him some growing space.

14. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Guess we'll never know. I will guess that one of two scenarios would have played out:
    1) He would still be a MotoGP rider.
    2) He would be out of the GP paddock all together.

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If the phone rang right now and I was offered a MotoGP ride, I would be on the next flight to Europe. I don't care that I would finish dead last. I don't even care if I have to ride the Honda. Lining up on that grid is the childhood dream of almost every one of us.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You wouldn't be allowed to start.

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I was pretty fast 40 years ago. They could put me on the Yamaha with the other exhibition riders.

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

He retired.:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I felt the same way at the time. When opportunity comes knocking, you take it! You never know if/when that opportunity will ever be available again. The biggest thing that made me think he should go at the time was Simon Crafar.

He's well respected and knows what he's talking about when it comes to the paddock and equipment. Paraphrasing here but when Roberts was offered the ride Crafar said that "based on the trajectory of that bike and it's development...now is the right time to get on it". He was right.

20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Superbike
    Cam will win 2 races, and Josh 1

Fores got supersport

Rocco got twins

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.