1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TY350

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by grady anderson, Jun 15, 2023.

1. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Not likely the right forum for this but maybe ya know someone. 1985 Yamaha TY350. Original as far as I can tell and though only 86 miles showing it has been ridden. Lately by me. Docile but strong. Easy to ride. A bit harder to start when cold. Kept in my mancave with my other spoiled babies.
    Getting a little cramped and my recent CL77 purchase comes home tomorrow
    I don’t have to sell but if you have a little spot to ride a quiet bike it makes “Cross training” a lot more fun than mountain bikes.
    any of you who know me know I don’t own any junk and don’t really have to sell any of my bikes.
    Trials bikes are only dangerous if you can remember what you used to be able to do on them.
    I am 71 and competed in trials on Montesa Cotas four plus decades ago.
    What I actually “remember” is more and more a question but….
    Not looking for a lot of money as much as looking for a good home for it. We are not owners of our bikes. Responsible stewards more the case.
    Pics and info for sincere interest

2. grady anderson

I’m in Bluemont Virginia about 30 minutes from Summit Point

3. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Can you wait til thanksgiving? :D

4. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

5. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Ill start the bidding at tree fiddy?

6. grady anderson

no but ya made me check. Mine now has 90.5 miles and a bit more “patina” on the cylinder and head fins. Graphics on mine show some age but I have a set of NOS graphics which I haven’t applied since I anticipate it will be ridden. Otherwise yeah that is like the bike I have. Someone got a great deal on that one at $3200ish
    In mid COVID 2021
    I may see if I can figure out how to post some pics here over the weekend though I am all over my late last night arrival of a spectacular 65 Honda CL77. Life is good. So far. But I’m only 71…

7. grady anderson

So I decided to keep it. Laughable as I have been accused of having commitment issues.
    But I just bought a spectacular 65 CL77 that is beyond better than I had hoped for. But the seat was a repro. Very nice job and thicker and maybe more practical. And the grips are the bulge style like the old Gran Turisimo grips though are a hair different and may be OEM but they are wrong. And the seat just would not do. I spent several thousand miles on three different CL77 bike “back in the day”
    This one is so good it just has to be right.
    Found an unused never been mounted NOS seat for the CL72 and very early CL77 Scramblers. Paid $1700 plus $85 to cover shipping.
    Very happy with the purchase
    Though jiggling my mad money I would probably let the TY350 go to cover the seat purchase.
    I have not advertised it since I thought I’d keep it so for a reasonably brief time $1900 would buy it.
    I have more issues than just commitment (old age being just one) but would feel good about someone in WERA getting it.
    Otherwise likely to go on eBay starting at $2500 or just go back to keeping it. Very original runs great. Cold start takes a manly kick in an awkward position. Warm start is easy though you really have almost try to stall it.
    Cheers