1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZ-07 Race/Track Bike Full Setup

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by AlexFIA, Oct 25, 2022.

1. AlexFIA

AlexFIA Well-Known Member

Yamaha FZ-07 set up for track/racing. Purchased here and built by Paul G. Currently located in SoCal (LA Area). Moving and looking to sell before the move to clean out the garage a bit.

Previous owner raced it for part of a season and it was built to spec and certified for MotoAmerica racing (fully safety wired, etc.). I have only done track days the past year. It has been a great bike, reliable, light, fast, and much easier on rear tires than a big bore bike. It made me a believer in lightweight bikes to improve my skills.

Clean title in California with an In-Op registration for track only use. I do not have the parts to convert this to street use (not that you would want to). My intent is to sell everything as a package instead of selling the spares separately.

Details:
    - Motor Build by Gary Dean of Speed Demon Motorcycles (average 92hp on 4 different dynos)
    - Bored Throttle Bodies by TWF Racing
    - Web Cams
    - Samco Custom Radiator Hose set w/clamps
    - Carbonsmith Custom Velocity Stacks (Short Version) w/ custom MWR race filters
    - Custom MotoAmerica legal Ram Airbox
    - Full Custom Titanium Exhaust by Competition Werkes (this is a work of art in itself)
    - Suter Slipper Clutch
    - Factory Pro Shift Arm w/ceramic bearing
    - Full electronics suite by Rapid Bike (RapidBike Racing, My Tuning Bike, Shift Assist, and You Tune with Traction control, Launch control, Adjustable Engine Braking and real-time AFR adjustment and monitoring via onboard display/control unit). Allows for fuel changes without separate programming.
    - Current tune by Eric Dorn of EDR Performance
    - K-Tech Fully Adjustable Fork Cartridges and Razor RR Rear Shock
    - Robem Engineering Adjustable Offset Triples, Rear Suspension Link, Rearset Risers, Chain Guide, Shark Fin with misc. Titanium hardware throughout.
    - Ohlins Steering Damper on custom mount
    - Gilles Tooling Rearsets w/ Carbon Heal Guards, GP-LIGHT clip-ons, Chain adjusters w/built in spools, Sprocket Cover, Titanium Axle Nut
    - EBC VEE Rotors all around, EPFA brake pads up front, HH out back, BF307+ brake fluid
    - Proti Forged Titanium Rotor Bolts, Sprocket nuts, and misc hardware throughout.
    - Spiegler custom Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    - Galespeed 17-17 VRC adjustable Master Cylinder and Clutch Perch with Reservoirs
    - Dymag UP7X Forged Aluminum wheels with Ceramic Bearings
    - R&G Racing Case covers, Radiator guard, Frame Sliders
    - Carbonsmith Lever guards
    - Domino XM2 quick throttle, A450 Road Race Grips
    - Apex Racing Development Custom Switchgear
    - Woodcraft keyswitch elimination harness
    - AIM Sports Solo 2 Lap timer – hard wired for power
    - Custom bodywork: Altus Motorsports Tail and Tank Cover, and Custom Upper w/ windscreen and Lower with side panels and custom fairing stay
    - TechSpec Xline Tank Grips, road race seat
    - Yamaha UK Radiator side guards

Bike will come with the following EXTRA items (you can almost rebuild the whole bike minus engine and frame):

- Pit Bull Rear Stand
    - Spare set of Bodywork – Upper w/Windscreen, Lower, Tail, and Tank Cover plus a few other extra body parts to include spare upper with short windscreen (unpainted)
    - Spare Full Custom Titanium Exhaust by Competition Werkes – Black Ceramic Coated
    - Second set of Dymag wheels ready to bolt on w/Ceramic Bearings, EBC Rotors and Proti Forged Titanium Rotor bolts/sprocket nuts
    - A number of Talon aluminum rear sprockets, 44T, 45T, and 46T, NEW
    - Second set of Gilles Rearsets , NEW
    - Spare MWR Race Filters
    - Carbonsmith custom Velocity stacks, Long Version, NEW
    - Spare Custom MotoAmerica legal Ram Airbox, NEW
    - Spare Gilles footpegs, NEW
    - Spare Gilles clip-on bars x 4, NEW
    - Spare Domino XM2 Quick Turn Throttle, NEW
    - Spare Domino XM2 Grips, NEW
    - Robem Engineering Underslung rear brake caliper mount w/ Brembo rear caliper, NEW (never installed)

Slicks on the bike are good for one or two track days tops, but you would be happier with a new set. The spare wheels currently have fairly new Michelin Pilot Power tires used once for a mildly wet track day.

Every add on to this bike has been top notch. You could not build a similar bike for anything near this price, plus you get a second set of a lot of pricey bits. This is more than a fully built R7 at less than 2/3 the cost plus all the extra spares.

$14,500 for the full package. If it does not sell by the end of the year, I plan to keep it.

Attached Files:

2. AlexFIA

Bump. Looking to sell by Dec 20th in SoCal.

3. AlexFIA

Additional Pics

Attached Files:

4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I remember this bike from Laguna. It's fast!

AlexFIA likes this.
  5. AlexFIA

Bike is now in Central FL and still for sale. Willing to deliver a reasonable distance (i.e. a few hours drive).

6. AlexFIA

Price Lowered
    $13,250 - Bike with all parts listed $13,250
    $9,750 - Bike only plus spare bodywork (none of the other spares listed)

Not looking to sell any of the parts above until the bike sells in case someone is interested in the full package.

7. ShelikSpencer

ShelikSpencer Member

Is the lap timer a solo 2 do by chance ?

8. AlexFIA

Yes. Solo 2 which is also hardwired to a switched source.

9. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Sweet rig. Are there lower fairings that were taken off for those pics, or is more of a naked bike? And is that a vinyl wrap or painted bodywork?

10. AlexFIA

Call it half faired, sort of, but the lower fairing/belly pan is one piece and deep. Pics show bike with all fairings installed. I can provide more as needed. Design is a wrap from prior owner. There are two full fairings with the wrap plus another unpainted upper.

11. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they are painted under the wrap, or just bare fiberglass.

And what weight is it sprung for?

12. AlexFIA

I can't say if it is painted underneath the wrap, but the inside of some of the fairings are painted black, which make me think it might have been painted but not sure. The one upper that does not have a wrap is primed. The wrap was designed and installed by Underground Graphics. The prior owner really went all out when he built this bike.

Current shock spring is a 115N and works well for me at 155 with no gear. There are also 110N and 120N shock springs. I'd have to do some digging to get the spring rates for the forks.

13. Jason Gibson

Jason Gibson New Member

Can you tell me the year of the bike? How many miles?...track vs. street? Do you have a build list for the motor? Thanks.

14. AlexFIA

PM sent

15. ShelikSpencer

ShelikSpencer Member

Is it a solo 2 dl ?

16. AlexFIA

No. Regular Solo 2. It is hardwired for power only, not the ECU. There is not a lot of integration with the ECU on the FZ07 from AIM, unless that's changed recently. When I researched it a while back, there is a way to get some of the engine data into a DL, but not straightforward and wasn't worth the expense for the limited extra data.

I will say that the Solo 2 does come with a really excellent bike attached to it. o_O

17. pgeldz

pgeldz Active Member

Good luck with the sale Alex!

18. AlexFIA

Price Drop
    $12,500 - Bike with all parts listed
    $8,900 - Bike only plus spare bodywork (none of the other spares listed)

19. AlexFIA