1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mortgages, Divorce Decrees, Bridge Loans, etc.

Discussion in 'General' started by Jed, May 18, 2023.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Take equity line on the house. Use money to pay note if needed while the courts eviscerate him. I can pretty much guarantee this is a scare tactic to get him off the hook. No way in hell he's going to endanger his credit or cause an issue with the courts. This is a big fat bluff on his part.

MrGooch likes this.
  2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

When you put it that way..

They've been divorced for 5 years if that matters.

He also pays 50% of what he legally owes for child support. His threat was take that much or I'll drag this out long enough for you to declare bankruptcy.

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  3. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Can you blame the guy ?

R1M370, Wheel Bearing and ToofPic like this.
  4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So if he does not want to honor the original settlement go after more from him. My bad idea radar went off as soon as you described the deal (letting someone you are jettisoning affect your destiny is always bad) but what is done is done. Make him live up to it and if not gut him like a fish without mercy. Tell him so ahead of time. Unilaterally changing the settlement is a no start. If it comes to it sell the house use the equity to get something you can afford and wreck his career.

EDIT: IF I follow it right that he is behind on child support most states frown on that and will send cops to pull you out of your office during working hours. So if he starts threatening toss that on him, bankrupt is better than jail. Certainly there COULD be a reason to renogiate but that is not unilateral by FU on his part. Send him this after a threat.
    Dead-Fish-Fail.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

He isn't behind, he just had her agree to have her income 'adjusted' on the state calculation form so that his portion would be half of what it would be with non adjusted numbers.

sheepofblue likes this.
  6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I dont care about my credit rating.

Banditracer and notbostrom like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

In Minneshitholia, after two years you can have child support recalculated. Prevents this very situation.

About the only fucking thing in family law in this state that isn’t completely fucked.

8. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Just remember the tactics she's using on him, as she'll use them on you when it's your turn.

Have fun

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Aaaaaaand there goes the 11 turn......

R Acree and Yzasserina like this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Some guys on here base their whole life on maintaining it. :crackup:

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. Dave Wolfe

What a bunch of pussies!

$150k to go and I own my own house. If it werent for my divorce it would be more like 110k. Then I can retire...

12. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

13. Dave Wolfe

A Kramer would be nice. I wonder if Id fit on one of the 250 cc GP bikes I see for sale?

Naa my track days are behind me Im afraid. Ive just about got the bars changed on my Victory its time to do some road miles

Inquizid likes this.
  14. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I’m not touching this with a 10 foot pole other than to say it’s funny how entitlement works.
    Apparently getting banged and popping out kids and signing a paper entitled you to 50% of someone else’s labor and when he tries to lower than number HES seen as the deadbeat. Lol.
    Ims sure she was putting in the office hours making that $$ with him right?

the marriage/divorce system is broken in the western world.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

What’s broken is that enforcing a divorce decree requires such obscene efforts.

Lawyers, of course, think the system works flawlessly. I wonder if they have a hand in writing the statutes and drafting decrees that are so easily open to differing interpretations.

Nah.

16. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

I feel guilty now for posting about my slacker wife's unwillingness to get lawn bags. This sounds like a hornet's nest of a mess, sorry man.

17. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

I guess you missed the part, where SHE supported him, to get his degree, and the start of his career... SMH. It works both ways. some are deadbeat men, some are deadbeat women. this case "sounds" like he is the douche (at this time.) Ski

pickled egg likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes me wonder if she ever signed anything allowing the house to be used - if not then I'm pretty sure they can't take it from her.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She is being stupid not going after him for that and this bullshit. Get lawyer, fuck him up. No more games. He is dong it because she's letting him bully her.

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I get the hate on both sides. I know people have been burned hard in divorces and men tend to suffer more. I'm divorced and gave up pretty much everything but a car load of personal stuff to make sure there wasn't an impact on my kids. He doesn't seem to give a shit what his actions toward his ex do to his kids.

We'll sell, rent, then buy smaller once the girls graduate. As for marriage, the issue is tuition and financial aid for the girls and how marriage impacts the FAFSA.

If he fucks with the payoff post sale then she said she'll burn him to the ground in court. She doesn't want to go nuclear now because of the impact on the kids both short term and long term.