1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas for attaching a pit trailer to a bike/scooter

Discussion in 'General' started by jksoft, May 10, 2023.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm looking to rig something up to tow a pit trailer behind my TTR. I'm pretty sure there is nothing off the shelf I am going to be able to buy so I'll have to fabricate something and just looking for ideas so I'd love to see pics of your setup.

2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't have a pic handy, but if you're using the Foldit aluminum carts, there's a bicycle hitch attachment that is designed to attach to a tube. So it works well on luggage racks, etc.

jksoft likes this.
  3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Thanks! It isn't a fold-it cart but looking at that setup does give me some ideas. That does seem like a lot of leverage on that small tube but I guess it works. I could bring two tubes from either side of the subframe down to a single tube then attach. The hitch attachment point would be a little lower.

Pic of the Foldit hitch for reference
    F220922122-3093671028.jpg

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Once a Wanker.. and jksoft like this.
  5. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

I have a nice custom aluminum bracket for sale. You'll just need to attach an eye hook to your cart. I'll send you a PM.

Once a Wanker.. and jksoft like this.
  6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Lots of good ideas there.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hookers and blow on your TTR back seat bro

ChemGuy likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

R1M370 and jksoft like this.
  10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

That's about what it's worth .
    I've installed those . Garbage .
    The Bimini looks good .

11. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

It will hold a 15 gal drum of VP. Some flex in the tow bar but it works. Of course if you put the weight behind the axle, the stress is on the cart, not the tow bar.
    I used some boat bow rail to make the "hitch" since the Grom doesn't have a luggage rack. After seeing some of the hitches in the thread posted above, I'm not posting a picture of mine. No way. I need to learn how to weld. :crackup:

13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I hear ya. I don't have aluminum welding capabilities and I'm thinking that's what I'll want here so I'll probably have to find someone else to put it all together.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

15. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

I think somebody offered you exactly that, already researched, engineered, proven, completely done. Just bolt it on.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

i used to have them on my first MTBs. overloaded the trailer with all sorts of things, firewood, rocks, whatever comes to a kids mind. it never gave me any trouble. maybe they've gotten worse over time

17. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Thanks Phil. I think I'll pass on that right now as I don't really need anything that elaborate where it attaches to the trailer. I just need a simple vertical pin setup on that end.

Phl218 likes this.