1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Knee Pucks?

Discussion in 'General' started by APCh8r, Jun 24, 2010.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I have tried almost every puck because I put too much weight on my knees in the corners and go through them pretty easy.
    THe kluckys were my favs for longevity and feel. The GNO pucks seem to be the same material as the kluckys but last longer cause they are a full inch thick. The velcro is the stickiest I have tried of any puck.
    And they are only $20 a set :up:

THat's all I use now.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  2. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

:stupid:

3. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Motrax teardrop Titanium...........must import from overseas

:D

4. Supercorsa SCO

Supercorsa SCO Well-Known Member

A&G Rocks

Jeff at Asphalt and Gas makes some cool stuff and in many different shapes and the compounds. He has been hand making pucks for a long time and the quality is fantastic. So we should all support the small business guy like Jeff cuz pucks is all he duz!

:up:

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

+1 for the A&G sliders. The feel is way better than plastic pucks because they have a bit of drag, they are quiet and they give off the cool blue smoke. I always found the plastic pucks to be chattery and annoying.

6. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

Does he have a site or does he only do the four designs (solid collars, cross bones, smiley face, smirk face)?

7. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

ARI pucks from Audrey at www.sliderwoman.com (Moto Liberty owner). She carries a TON of different pucks and does a lot for the sport.

8. Michael J

Michael J Trackster and aspiring dirtbiker

I really appreciate all the feedback on this particular thread. I tend to use them up quickly on minibikes. I’ve tried all kinds of different pucks. Luckies are my goto like so many of you. The bison pucks that come on new suits aren’t bad. But every other puck they’re selling, especially the wooden ones, are absolutely dreadful. Barely Last one Trackday the way I ride on minibikes.

I’m intrigued by metal options particularly titanium. I’m gonna look on into that based on which y’all posted.

A stars don’t hold up at all. They’re as bad as the bison pucks. I haven’t tried leather pucks from A and G. But that sounds like an intriguing option. I am particularly looking for longevity. Thanks for all the tips so far. I love Audrey at motoliberty and I trust her recommendations. I. Will check that out.

9. SeventeenRR

SeventeenRR Well-Known Member

Holy thread revival Batman.

have you tried bisons TPU pucks? They’ve been lasting pretty well for me doing figure 8’s and circles and stuff on my pit bike.

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Stop burying your knee into the ground so hard...
    Also check out lightech sliders

stk0308 likes this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

As said before Jeff makes endurance compound A&G pucks so ask for those?

12. backbone

backbone scarred for life

A&G ftmfw - but he doesn't really make them anymore from what I understand.

13. RichMangus

RichMangus Booya

Woodcraft convert here

14. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

By popular request.... :Poke:

Thread_Necromancy.jpg

KneeDragger_c69, stk0308 and Steeltoe like this.
  15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Just talked to one of Jeff's friends in SF and he said yep closed up shop. So does that mean my barely used pair are worth big bucks?

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Get the sparky ones...they're cool.

17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Might want to check with the track/organizers. Some of the smaller carting tracks think sparks=track damage. That's a quick way to get your events canceled....ask me how I know.

18. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Aren't those just the continuation of Klucky's? Which would be a good thing!

RichMangus likes this.
  19. grapejuiceboys

grapejuiceboys Well-Known Member

20. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Wiz still make leather. Southern Adrenaline and MotoLiberty sell them I believe.