1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Round One - Road Atlanta 04/21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

So, no one has said much about Cam P...would have been a 5 rider barn burner (pardon the pun) if his bikes engine hadn't gone kaboom and caught fire :confused:

2. This was my whole point.

3. proprocket28

proprocket28 Well-Known Member

I saw Josh post that the contact in 9 gave the bike some headshake that pushed the pads back a bit, so brakes weren’t there like he needed. He was doing everything he could to get the bike slowed and not cause an incident.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Listen, from my armchair quarterback position that whole incident looked totally intentional.

I mean they're only doing 190mph into a 40mph corner, he should have just braked more harder. Easy.

*sarcasm off*

5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Four riders, from four different teams, on three different makes, that you could throw a blanket over on the last lap? Hell yeah, bring on the SB season.

Nathey, Gino230 and jksoft like this.
  6. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I think Stanboli put a more aggressive engine map on the Yamaha overnight. Seemed to help Jake a little bit onto the back straight as he could at least stay in the draft of the BMW and Duc. Remember COTA last year when they ran more aggressive maps and blew up two bikes?

7. Used2befast

Yep, I remember watching the ask a superbike genius and them talking about that. They thought it might be the fuel batch might have been different from what they had mapped to. Or they were at the limit what the engine could handle with that fuel. Once it does it pushes oil past rings and boom.

8. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Elias wasn't closer to being in the mix. He has lots of seat time on that Suzuki. No matter, was great weekend of racing.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Richie looked good in the first couple laps of race 2 but then faded. Hopefully they can get that figure out for him.

IMO, it's time to move on from that Suzuki since the factory has completely given up on supporting it.

Dragginass likes this.
  10. Used2befast

I agree on the suzuki but man...the entry into 1 and 9,10 was sizzling and definitely separated the men from the boys.

I bet the Suzuki was way down on trap speed down the back straight.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's the thing with patterns of behavior. Eventually, people start seeing you as guilty until proven innocent. If someone sees him picking up a puppy on the side of the road, he's going to have to prove that he wasn't dumping it. :D

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If they got that Duc 2 weeks ago and its already this fast and developed.... and if JH doesn't lose his marbles, its only gonna get faster.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Anybody got a scoop on Hayden Gillim in SSTK? They were kinda lagging the whole weekend.

14. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

no concrete info but IIRC, that team had a whole heap of mechanicals last season. I hope that isn’t the case cause that dude can ride.

did anyone catch Cam B backing in that Beemer into T1 during the second race?

15. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Yes, but I was more impressed with the #1 plate in the baggers class backing in his Indian in race #1 - wowza!

16. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Herrin gets save of the weekend. Amazing what he did to not take anyone out in the next corner.

Great racing, get this in front of all those Outside Sponsors!

-T

17. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Unrelated to the incident in question (as he made clear he lost his brakes), why do you think there's a hate boner for Herrin? Not disputing there is, but again, why do you think it exists? Is there an equal hate boner for Scholtz? Petersen? Gagne? Seems in this group, his attitude and actions warrant it. If you were on a stunting forum, I'm sure his street antics would be cheered. Opinions are subjective, but they don't come out of nowhere.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I've always supported Herrin . Helped him with fuel when he raced with WERA.
    That ended with the squid street stunter shit .
    He knows better , but does not care .

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Look for landers to be on the Radio team all season.

Circacee likes this.
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Might be a mix of things from over the years... like last year when Stanboli said he needed a superbike to win supersport or the Catterham Moto2 drama from so long ago.
    Personally Im a fan