1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the heck is going on with AHRMA?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Apr 6, 2023.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

What's up Mark. FWIW, I only raced RD's and RZ'S before I got an FZR and found it to be damn near a two stroke in its characteristics. A touch heavier but would go into corners like an RZ. You'll have a blast!

RZ Racer likes this.
  2. Powervalve

Powervalve New Member

A shit show? More like a dirty diaper dumpster fire. You can sum up a couple of the biggest problems with ahrma with just one person. Former chairman, but still board member Brian Larrabure. For starters, this guy bought ahrma memberships for a couple hundred Home Depot day laborers and cast all of their votes for himself to make it onto the board. If that weren’t douchey enough, last season, he was racing an Pierobon in BOTT but getting his ass handed to him all year by a guy on a 40 year old virago, so in order to secure the class championship, he pays stefano Mesa to come and take points away from the guy on the Yamaha. It’s probably a safe bet based on this dudes google results, that he’s probably up to no good with the ahrma books. Makes sense as to why they can’t show the members the true financial information, and if anyone speaks out about it, they get banned from racing and have lawsuit threat letters lobbed at them by the lawyer on the board. It’s truly DMG level fuckery goin on over there.

footwork, G2G, CharlieY and 3 others like this.
  3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Really? A Virago? I don't get the whole get a trophy at all costs..Just stay home! Or go by a trophy shop and have some horse shit series trophy made up.

Banditracer likes this.
  4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I haven't raced AHRMA in quite a few years, but was an active racer with them during the last shit show with them against Team Obsolete. One of the problems, as I see it, is the good old boys network is very strong and will actively work against organizing to get rid of board members and officials. They are also strong enough to stay in power by using that power to threaten and intimidate racers who really just want to race.

5. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

i think it was the “r” model, xv920

ToofPic likes this.
  6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I had to take out paternity insurance shortly after I won my first AHRMA national title. If I dare wear my championship jacket in public, veritable hordes of nubile young ladies insist upon immediate sexual relations. Most of them don't even have a Y chromosome.

HPPT, jksoft, black knight and 2 others like this.
  7. nigel smith

Well, that makes it better, doesn't it? If a virago beat my ducati to the checkers, I would never be able to show my face at Starbucks again.

scottn, dave3593 and 27 like this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Are you really the Piebarone virago mounted Duc slayer Nigel?!? No wonder you’ve had to retreat to the wilderness of Appalachia where your demand is diluted as you’re not native and you ain’t kin so they ain’t interested...

A. Barrister likes this.
  9. nigel smith

Actually, I raced a Ducati in AHRMA. It's true that most of the folks I meet in the mountains don't know they are in the presence of a legend. The Cherokee girls are cute. Do I need to break out the old championship jacket?

black knight and ToofPic like this.
  10. backbone

backbone scarred for life

The Pieribon was beaten by a modern Lurch, I believe.

11. backbone

backbone scarred for life

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

good thing the Virago mounted Viking didn’t get you too! Careful out there!

a good buddy of mine was from Canton, giant Moose of a guy, buncha you all knew him too... he used to tease me about going to the rez to get the “Cherokee” girls... Said all they needed was a Hershey’s chocolate bar... try that and your jacket! Can’t miss! :oops: (I told him I didn’t get the joke but all my pretty cousins loved candy :mad:) miss that goofy guy

tell Anawake I’ll be back down home soon, tell her try not to fill up on foreigners :Poke:

13. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Very impressive riding on that thing!.....I remember Blackhawk (maybe) last year.....like 3 re-starts in that race and he got the hole shot every time....it even sounded great. I saw it, it was impressive.

If the buying votes of day-workers is true, thats terrible. I knew about hiring Mesa, and thought it was "Eh", but add the home depot story (if true), and that sets off some alarms for me.

ungwaha and Robin172 like this.
  14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

backbone and rd400racer like this.
  15. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Rules with an iron fist and a golden heart

Fuzzy317 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  16. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Please bear with this post.

Like I mentioned before. We need to consider what motivates people to say what they say. Marketing and legal objectives can be very carefully crafted.

I recently read a news report on a certain large companies growth into food sales. It seamed to be causing small grocers to go out of business. It has been pointed out that these small grocery stores were very important to the local patrons because they were in areas of towns where the transportation may be limited. The companies that were moving in had limited or almost no produce. I suspected their business model relied on long shelf life food. For some it was changing the food they could purchase.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with this change in the grocery landscape. I do want to point out the corporate response when the affects of their expansion was made. The Corporate response was "we complement grocery stores". Another said we are not a grocery store. Please look at what motivates people in what they say. These are excuses or diversion. Do you really believe the small local grocery stores believe these new stores are "complementing" them? Some are going out of business. And since they say that they are not a grocery store how could they be at fault? I believe the corporate "steering committee" know exactly what they are doing and have legal review to make sure they can.

In the above AHRMA thread, few of us know many of the bottom line facts. My 40 years of experience with contracts, union discussions, government purchase orders, legal review and salesman has been an excellent education. I always consider if the things I am being told smells right. I also ask myself what actual motivation the presenter has.

17. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Saw it at BHF last year as well. He's definitely riding the wheels off that thing, but it's a really stout setup. Very stable, jumps off the corners.

CharlieY and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We are okay with it especially as he did it. We want roadracing to be strong and grow and other than someone a few years back getting cute with scheduling AHRMA dates against traditional WERA dates have never really had any issue with AHRMA. We do have competing classes but as long we don't get too stupid we won't hurt each other. Unlike som areas of the country where people decide they can do it better and divide an already shrinking pie, there is and has been enough room for both orgs to do their thing.

19. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Mongo, I am sorry for any trouble I have caused.

Moderators or Administrator please delete all my posts in this thread.

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
    Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll post it again - WERA is fine. Some years are better than others - and it is always a struggle. It's never going to be something where we can cruise along and just keep doing the same old thing and survive but that's the same for any business. Evelyne can be a bit more down on things especially if you talk to her in person (especially on a weekend mother nature is being unkind :crackup:) but her always stressing/worrying about WERA and making sure we are able to keep going is just who she is and that is a huge part of why WERA continues to be successful under her guidance.

CharlieY, KNickers, Triple X and 6 others like this.