1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the heck is going on with AHRMA?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Apr 6, 2023.

1. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

That is the most concise and articulate set of words ever pasted to this forum.
    MODS PLEASE DELETE!!

Seriously though, Funny you and I agree on this aspect of the spiral;

YOU-("periodically some Trustee would create a class for some obscure combination of rules, which coincidentally coincided with a particular bike that person had, and wonder of wonders, a "national championship" was "won." AHRMA has been successful in culling those cherry-picker classes.")

ME- ("lot of 'nepotism like' behavior, esp the rules and regulations are written around the person writing them or someone close to them. You stack that up year after year and it makes for a confusing set of ever evolving classes and lot's of buthurt.)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    83BSA likes this.
  2. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Dave,

Well said, succinct, and to the point.

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Take AHRMA off the WERA bbs. It doesn't belong here. Promoting AHRMA on here is low class. I'm 99% certain there is a shitload of lurkers thinking exactly what I just wrote.

Kev59, dave3593 and ToofPic like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, Dave didn't exactly come here to start the discussion about AHRMA. He answered a WERA member's question about the state of their organization.

Compared to some examples of shameless promotion we've seen on here over the years, this barely moves the needle off the peg.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Meh. He was still promoting. Further, post 44 was a well crafted exercise is BS mitigation.

dave3593 likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not sure the lurkers agree with you. Feedback seems strong.

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I've had direct feedback straight to me that says there are.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, if they're going to you instead of the moderators, they must not be in a hurry to have the posts removed. :)

Sean Jordan and stk0308 like this.
  9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

You know there is always a large segment of bbs users who just lurk and don't want to get involved in drama or debate on social media.

ToofPic likes this.
  10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I didn't post about the new folks I'm racing with next weekend that took Ahrmas spot at Willow Springs. I know Mongo didn't like the original fishing trip post,so I stopped my comments there. I'm sure everyone is Swell,but I wouldn't ever promote another gig.

50Joe likes this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I'd be happy if these peeps would actually show up race WERA, and help grow the grids by say 20% this year!

RZ Racer, rd400racer, MrGooch and 2 others like this.
  12. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

im with joe. whos good with math? how many entries total for round 1 and 2? of that total ,how many by those 100 +/- east coast rr trouble makers? ( im good for 4) . rr dir, rr instruct, jim k. gone, fbf gone. although i dont see it happening some want to start a new vintage rr club. just talk, wont happen but this is how some feel. post 44 was good politican talk. never mind the other stuff . all rumors im sure, buying votes. reading emails, something about mis dialed phone calls. and lots more. all of this could be untrue. but im a member and i hear this stuff by other members. where does it come from, im not making it up. just the 100?

ToofPic and 50Joe like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Member of... AHRMA?

14. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If you removed drama and debate from social media, what would remain?

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Dog pictures

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Keep my dating life out of this. Not everyone here is a baller banging hot chicks.

18. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

says i am on the card they sent me. could be wrong. thing is i just sit there in my lawn chair and hear this stuff. i dont even have to ask. kind of like the bartender. do i believe it ? no , i dont believe much that anybody says. but i be polite , be a good friend, sit and listen. im a nobody in the big picture. but the somebodys must hear this stuff too. also heard that there was more info in post 44 then ever before, too bad it was directed at people in the wera board rather then the ahrma members. believe me- im to simple minded to make this stuff up. so why pass it along you ask.? stir the pot?

yamatr3 likes this.
  19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You're saying people wouldn't fight over dog pictures?

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, if you are and you agree with Joe, why are you discussing AHRMA business here? If Dave shouldn't…

CharlieY likes this.