1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by bwhip, Feb 23, 2023.

1. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

For sale is my favorite sport-touring bike, which has been completely awesome. It’s the second Multistrada I’ve owned. I previously had a 2010 Touring S model, which I rode for 33,000 miles. This one has just 26,308 miles on it, and it has been trouble-free for all of them.

[​IMG]

I am the original owner of the bike. It has been carefully maintained, and never crashed. It has already received the necessary (and expensive) 30,000 km “Desmo” service (performed by Harrison Eurosports in SLC), so the new owner won’t have to worry about that. My bikes are always stored indoors, in a temperature-controlled environment.

[​IMG]

This bike includes all of the extras and upgrades of the Pikes Peak model versus the standard model, and also includes the optional Touring Pack – color-matched side cases, heated grips, and a center stand.

[​IMG]

The bike will come with the following extras:

· Akrapovic Full System Exhaust, with super-cool trapezoidal end can. This system sells for over $2,000.00. It sounds amazing, adds HP, and cuts a bunch of weight.
    · Rapid Bike continuous tuning module (https://shift-tech-carbon.com/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=1947). This module is designed to “perfectly tune your bike all time. It will tune your specific bike, to your driving style/conditions and will make adjustments to the air/fuel mapping as needed automatically while you are riding.” I noticed immediate improvements to power delivery and efficiency, when I added this module, which cost $500.00.
    · Includes original Ducati color-matched side hard cases as seen in the photos
    · Evotech Engine Guard
    · Evotech Radiator Guard
    · Evotech Oil Cooler Guard
    · Compact and lightweight lithium battery
    · Denali LOUD air horn (you won’t be ignored)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bike is in very good condition cosmetically and mechanically. I’m aware of just one small imperfection in the carbon fiber around the key area (caused by a bolt from my GPS mount scuffing it), and a small crack in the bodywork plastic on the upper left fairing, that you need to be looking for to really notice. It runs great, starts up every time, and tires and brakes are very good. I expect it to be as trouble-free for its next owner as it has been for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m only selling the bike because I’ve purchased a new Multistrada V4. I’ve had such great experiences with my first two Multistradas, that I decided to get a third one! This bike is fast, smooth, comfortable, with fantastic Brembo brakes and amazing big-twin sound. It can be a comfy touring bike when you want to cruise, and an absolute rocket sport bike when you want to push the pace. It really does it all.

[​IMG]

Baxley Sport Chock shown in photos is not included in the sale.

[​IMG]

Book value for these bikes in stock condition is just over $15,000.00, without any of the above improvements. I’m willing to sell it for just $12,750.00. Desmo service already completed and paid for!

Please PM me with any questions or serious offers. Bike is located in the Boise, Idaho area. Buyer to take care of any cost of transport, if needed. Please don’t waste my time or yours with lowball offers. This bike is going to make someone really happy!

2. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Sale pending

3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Not close enough to my 60th birthday. :( I knew it wouldn't last long enough for me to buy it, but congrats on the sale!
    Question: Do you have any thoughts on how the Ohlins and the Sachs Skyhook setup compare?

4. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Thanks. Not sure about the Skyhook, as I haven't had that particular configuration to compare. I had the electronic Ohlins on my 2010, then the manual (upgraded) Ohlins on the 2016, and now back to electronic on the 2023. Comparing those, I must say that I really prefer and enjoy the on-the-fly changes one can make with the electronic. Like most people, I found the manual to be really nice, but found that I tweaked it to my liking initially, and then left it with those settings forever, rather than continuing to adjust as I rode in different conditions and levels of aggressiveness.

5. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks for the info!