1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 01 | Grand Ridge Brewery Australian Round | 24 - 26 FEB

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Feb 22, 2023.

1. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

What I gave is called an observation. You've been whing about AB and Ducati since last year. Give it up and enjoy the racing.

2. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

It'd going to a long year for Lecuona and Vierge but the 4 BMW racers are gonna feel like it's an eternity.

GG will do well to place inside the top 15 and I guess the best he can hope for is to beat Baz on a consistent basis.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Hopefully BMW will get some super concessions soon... having 4 really good riders at the back of the grid tells you all you need to know about bike.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  4. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Remember back when Dorna was changing regs left and right to keep JR from winning as much? When did we stop doing the reverse grids? Why were we doing them in the first place?

badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  5. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Reverse grid started in 2017 and I think it was ditched for the rpm limits that started in 2018.

6. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Yeah, yeah, yeah…observation. LOL My observation about AB is he’s a whiny bitch. As far the Ducs, my observation is they’re better than everyone else’s bikes. It’s also my observation, that Dorna won’t do anything to level the playing field. Which is fine, I just won’t watch it. Didn’t watch it when Rea was running away with it either.

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Why?

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Kawasaki homologated a new model January of 2023. But, it appears FIM is still not made a decision if it's enough to get back some RPM.
    https://resources.worldsbk.com/news...6.2032926216.1677527558-1900659657.1677527543

9. 88/532

LOL. Because opinion. Your’s is why btw.
    synonyms for opinions
    • idea.
    • impression.
    • judgment.
    • mind.
    • point of view.
    • reaction.
    • sentiment

10. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

So you've watched 1 season in the last 8?

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Man that second WSSP race was some bullshit. 3 guys that could have won it and it's red flagged for f@ckin geese on the track. They gotta find a better way to deal with that. Manzi looked pissed in parc ferme.

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Did you watch MotoGP when Marquez was running away with it?

13. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

14. I agree with that 100%. I’m still not sure why race direction did what they did, as in wasn’t the procedure to start the race as it was declared wet? If that’s the case seems clear that officials were taking care of the big teams.

15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

16. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

So can you tell me what it says?

17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Literally hit google translate at the bottom of your phone when you click the link. If you’re at a computer hit google translate in the search bar.
    He said bmw brings tons of parts but it’s not enough.

18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Clear words from the Bonovo boss: What he demands from BMW

The start of the Superbike World Championship at Phillip Island was a bitter setback for BMW. Now even the level-headed Bonovo team owner Jürgen Röder burst the collar. "We have to think about how to proceed," he said.
    Motorsport highlights 2x weekly directly to your inbox.
    Bonovo action BMW team owner Jürgen Röder is a patient person. Neither at the catastrophic debut in the Superbike World Championship 2021 with Jonas Folger nor in the bankruptcy year 2022 with Loris Baz and Eugene Laverty was a bad word to be heard from the Hessian about his drivers or about BMW. Nor is Röder one of those who exert pressure through exaggerated demands. Before this year's season opener, Röder called reaching the top 10 a rather restrained goal.

The entrepreneur followed the events and results on Phillip Island from home. After the meager places 10, 15 and 14 by Garrett Gerloff and 18, 13 and 15 by Loris Baz, Röder was stunned.

"Needless to say, we cannot be satisfied with these results. The only highlight on Saturday was Garrett's tenth place. But in view of what we are investing, this is simply not enough," Röder clarified. "BMW is making an incredible effort, we have new parts all the time, we constantly have things that are being tested, which are then also in the races, but maybe we should sit down together and think about how to proceed."

Because BMW Motorrad riders Scott Redding and Michael van der Mark were also disappointed, the weakness is obvious.

"We know that the results are not due to our drivers because we have riders who can all finish on the podium. Of course, the power density this year is higher than ever before, all the more the shortcomings come to light, some of which are still in the motorcycle," says Röder. "That's why I would like us to sit down together, talk and think about what we can do and how we can do it and also carry out further tests in order to move forward. Unfortunately, what I feared happened this weekend. As I said before, I thought that Australia and probably Indonesia was more of a test and nothing else. But even there we have already seen that we cannot compete with the people in the top 5 or even the top 10 in normal circumstances."

Röder does not question his commitment, but he demands a reaction from BMW.

"Now we have to think about what we are doing. I am still very convinced of BMW. BMW has the potential, but I think you should act here with the development in coordination with the drivers and the teams," suggested the Hesse. "I am optimistic about this and have absolute confidence in BMW that they will see the problems we have, assess them and take the right steps. Otherwise a big compliment from me to the whole team, they did what they could, as did the drivers. They bit – and I'm talking about all four BMW drivers who gave everything they could."

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It says he doesn't like the results, and wants to complain to the media. But BMW won't do anything about the fact their bikes are shit.

20. 88/532

Close. 3.5 seasons.