1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 01 | Grand Ridge Brewery Australian Round | 24 - 26 FEB

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Feb 22, 2023.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Beat his teammate, beat his bike from last year and was second BMW. Pretty good for the first race out on that bike.

I think I noticed that the Ducati fairing seems to have a couple tabs that direct the water away from the rear tire kinda like motogp has gone to. Didn’t see that on any of the other bikes. Wonder if that made a difference for Bautista?

RossK6 likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

€55,000 for the season. I need to check on one-weekend wildcard.

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So about 4600 euros per round and that includes test days?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  4. What thread? One about no Suzukis on the grid? :)

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Agreed. It was a cutback move in sketchy conditions that resulted in contact in an unfortunate place. Race incident. Move on.

Solid enough start to the season for Garrett. I do hope he can continue to build on this. But not a bad start at all.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Ducati looks untouchable. 4 out of 5 in the top 5 is really impressive.
    Honda is surprising!
    And bmw looks really bad

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  7. SeventeenRR

SeventeenRR Well-Known Member

Kawi has some work to do, pleasantly surprised with the Honda this weekend though.

8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

The Ducati Cup 2023

The BMW struggle bus.

BigBird likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Only so much for them to do unless they get help from the FIM

5axis and cpettit like this.
  10. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Definitely looked like Kawi lost 20hp instead of gaining any HP. Alex Lowes needs to retire, how many crashes does a guy get. Rea and Toprak looked like moving chicanes, weird indeed. Lecuona keeping the tire underneath him is definitely a good sign for HRC.

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Give Kawi their revs back. It looks like Ducati owns sbk and writes the rules themselves at this point.

BigBird, 5axis and 418 like this.
  12. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Dorna is not doing anything to upset Ducati in WSBK or MotoGP. Won’t see anything changing till other manufacturers go Suzuki and leave. At this point I wouldn’t blame the Far East manufacturers if they all left both series.

BigBird likes this.
  13. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Ducati 1 and 2 in the Super pole race. I don't know if they will put constraints on the Ducks or free up Yamaha and Kawasaki. BMW looks like they need the same level of concessions that Honda is getting. I'd look at the concessions rule, but that thing is complicated and I'm a product of the Oklahoma public education system.

BigBird likes this.
  14. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

you whiners kill me. Tell Kawi, BMW and Whomever to spend some money and build a better bike. Get rid of the restrictions and see what happens. Homolgate a new bike and build the engine to rev higher. We've been hearing the rev arguement since 2019 and BMW, Kawi and Yamaha had 4 years to fix their engine. They didnt. Dont blame Ducati. Blame those manufactures.

15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Kudos to Ducati on a great bike. I don’t think the Yamaha is limited in any way. No idea why Kawi is limited by rules, let them run the engine they have. BMW needs chassis work. I’d like to see them allow more testing for teams struggling so they can make improvements if they choose. I’d love to hear what a guy like Les Pearson would do to the BMW chassis given a free rein. Given his Yamaha experience he probably knows what it would take to make it turn.

16. ljuice26

17. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Same rules they started last year. Honda made a new chassis, not sure BMW did much to take advantage.

18. ljuice26

Didn’t Redding complain during one of the tests that BMW is more concerned with selling bikes than winning WSBK?

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Y'all need to chill. It's the first round of a 12-round series at a track that chews the F out of the rubber. Once they do a round or two in Europe, you'll see a better picture of how the bikes compare.

20. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Only one whining is you, about an opinion. LOL