1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TITAX Wheel Promotion

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by Davo10R, Jun 30, 2021.

1. tenracing

tenracing to finish first, one must first finish.

No, right now only 6.0 rears, 5.5 rears are supposed to have been ready by now. but sounds like the end of July... maybe. the little bikes are what 4" wide rear?

I posted the application chart a couple of posts before this one...

2. R6-OZ

R6-OZ Well-Known Member

Yeah that's almost as light as my wallet would be then

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. madHATter

madHATter Member

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to post my experience with my Titax wheels: (TLDR: They are great!)

I contacted Dave, who started this thread ([email protected]), and ordered a set of wheels for my 2009 R6. I placed the order on April 5, 2022 and the wheels arrived at my doorstep on June 17, 2022 (about 10 weeks). They were very well packaged with bubble wrap bags and styrofoam made specifically for wheels. The one hiccup I didn't expect with shipping is that I had to fill out a customs form and pay an import fee (I think $70).

I ordered gloss black 3.5" front and 6.0" rear (would have ordered 5.5", but Titax is still having trouble with a reliable source for the 5.5" blank forgings). The machining quality is high, the powdercoating looks nice with no imperfections, and the OEM R6 brake rotors bolted right up with no issues. The wheels were easy to install, with no issues or modifications needed to the bike. Titax wheels use the same sprockets as the other aftermarket wheel brands, so sourcing sprockets was easy (I used sprocketcenter.com). The spoke design makes them relatively easy to clean, compared to stock and some other aftermarket wheels. I use these wheels on a race bike, so I haven't run over dead possums, rocks, or potholes to be able to comment on their bend-resistance. They seem just as strong as any other wheel I've seen, though.

Here are the measurements I took. (Average 20% reduction in rotating mass):

Rear wheels (no rotor, or cush):
    Titax: 10.2lb
    Stock: 12lb

Front wheels (no rotors):
    Titax: 7.4lb
    Stock: 9.8lb

Kenneth Childers likes this.
  4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If you get a chance, I'd be curious the weight difference on the rears WITH cushes, just no sprockets/rotors for the full picture.

5. madHATter

madHATter Member

Good call, should have listed the cush drives. My wheels are all in various states of mounted/dismounted/back of the attic so can't go measure to give full apples-apples, but here are the combined cush drive and sprocket weights I recorded a while back:

Cush drives, aluminum sprocket mounted:
    Titax: 2.6 lb
    Stock: 3.0 lb

(I have a sprocket written down as ~1 lb, but don't have anything more exact than that)

So there's another small weight saving at the rear, but nothing major enough to write home about.

6. tenracing

I have sold 6 FTR sets one on order now and one set for R1 I have had no complaints, and the wheels are very nice. STILL no 5.5 rears.

Their "standard" fitments are 4-6 weeks supposedly. however I have not experienced this consistently yet.

I am supposed to have a 5.5 rear to test fit with a couple race teams for the MT/FZ/R7 if that goes well, I will be putting in group buy for that and stock 1000 eligible bikes.

Brett Donahue
    B&P Sales LLC dba TenRacin
    [email protected]

7. tenracing

So still nothing happening with 5.5 rears, I've got an order in for another set of FTR carbon wheels now Titax has not responded for almost a month.
    I don't know what is going on over there but they have not been able to do ANYTHING consistently.

I have an order waiting for 10 sets for FZ/MT/R7 wheels they are supposed to be sending me a rear to test fit....

Bruce likes this.
  8. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

It certainly seems hit or miss. I am following a guy on an Aprilia RSV4 group who got a custom Titax set made. He got them raw with a clear coating.