1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

These new Ducati race replicas…

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Dec 15, 2022.

1. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Good for you,Kevin!

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You guys always get the good shit.

3. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Genuinely curious what you mean by ‘dangerous’ and H-D branding.

All I see is both companies’ ability to invoke emotion in a product and turn on the money printer when they do it right… which is most of the time.

tl1098 likes this.
  4. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Thinking KWyman133 might know a bit about this.:D

5. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

I’m not contesting anything, I just genuinely want to understand this perception more clearly

6. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Some people love to go against the grain and feel 'different', and often times can't understand how people can have a different opinion than theirs. You see this all the time with branding. So many people HATE Apple users, because they see them as 'less than' for enjoying a brand/product they reject. But notice most Apple users are completely indifferent to how people view other competing brands.

Americans in general are hugely this way with trucks. They choose the brand they like for whatever reason, and that's their camp - anyone who chooses a different brand is somehow now as intelligent as they are.

Ducati, and to be fair, LOTS of other Italian brands create products that are unique in some perspective and therefore garner a big following. So while H-D people generally choose HD because of nationality (although now I'd argue HD motorcycles are unique amongst their competitors), lovers of Italian machines generally appreciate beautiful design or the thought that the product was made with emotion or some such thing. Ducati, Ferrari, Lamborghini, MV Agusta, Vespa, Alfa Romeo etc etc all have a long history and a huge and dedicated following because of their unique designs/story. People that don't agree on that beauty pick another camp - Almost all of the japanese manufacturers have garnered a following by people who appreciate precision build quality and reliability. So perhaps people that appreciate that more than pretty design can't imagine someone buying an MV Agusta coffee mug because to them their GSXR1000 doesn't give them any emotional connection, they just enjoy it for what it is mechanically.

That's my theory - and I'm sure I'm wrong.

MV Rider, Youpaiyou and Phl218 like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I notice Fiat is conspicuously missing from that list…

Almost as if Fiat is the spaghetti equivalent of AMC. :D

tl1098 likes this.
  8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

As Jay Leno said: "A Ducati is just a Harley with a college education" :D

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I bought a V4S this year. Absolutely love it.

These replicas are neat. But not $63,000 neat. The V4SP and V4Sp2 are neater to me than these for like $20k less.

R1M370, cpettit and Phl218 like this.
  10. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Desmodromics baby!!,until someone puts pneumatic springs in a production bike.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

We just got so few Fiats here, but to be fair, I rented a 500 years ago while my wife and I were playing in the Greek islands and it was amazing. Perfectly little car with the 'center softop' thing. Loved it. The gearbox they call an automatic is truly atrocious though.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You don’t know atrocious gearboxes until you’ve driven a smart. :Puke:

13. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

You bastard, I just logged on to post that :beer: