1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Sucks to suck.

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Well, talked with the wife this morning and I think we're officially taking a larger cash position.

YamahaRick likes this.
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm still buying, just a bit more selectively. If nothing else, tying up money in stocks that I need to wait on coming back to life will keep me from just spending the cash...

As fickle as the market is I can't see liquidating any stocks now, especially at beat-down prices. What if the Russian war ends next week? Unless you NEED that cash soon or have a very specific plan on when/how to reinvest it- it's more of a gamble to me than letting it ride.

SGVRider and Gorilla George like this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dude. You are a CFA, too, IIRC. You oughta know better than that. DXY topped out a couple months ago and is in a tailspin the likes of which I wouldn't care to attempt to plumb.

There are better options.

Me, I'd be sorely tempted to go balls deep in PSLV if I had some idle liquidity right now.

Or hookerz and blow.

6. SuddenBraking

Well, I've been steadily invested in the HKBL ETF since it was invented.

And just to be clear, my "going to cash" didn't mean investing in dollar futures and was more "taking money out of the market to sit on the sidelines for a bit, hoping to 'make' 10% by not losing it over the next couple of months".

And it's Chartered Financial Analyst, not CFA - that's an ethics violation :Poke:

BigBird likes this.
  7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

8. auminer

[​IMG]

However, given certain contributions to certain persons and (bowel) movements, I doubt that much if anything comes of it.

9. auminer

Sidelines are for bench warmers.

And f**k an ethics violation... The shit that's been going on... Psssshhhhhhttt.

10. SuddenBraking

Well, I'm glad that the preclearance didn't come early enough for me to trade out of my DIA position today.

Tomorrow's news will be telling........

11. auminer

CPI? Nah, bro. Jobs report is the tell.

Jerome and company gotta get people into the unemployment line before they pivot.

I just hope that KGBmanbad demands gold for oil. That would actually put me over the tipping point for "don't have to anymore"

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Always convenient to be arrested just before you were scheduled to testify before congress. I'm sure the timing of the arrest has nothing to do with that and is purely coincidental. Has someone verified the cameras watching his cell are in working order?

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Seems like the market likes the CPI news....First time ive seen some much green in a while.

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

That little boy and his shared girl should be very worried.

SGVRider likes this.
  15. auminer

Shared girl is a lil FREAK! Some of the crap she had posted on social media was downright terrifying.

Toe should hit her up...

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Toe is smart enough to stay away knowing he'd be collateral damage and what happens to red shirts!

17. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Maybe not.

From Reuters:

U.S. authorities likely moved to prevent Bankman-Fried from testifying in Congress, which could be used by his defense attorneys to claim certain immunities and it often "throws a monkey wrench in prosecutions."

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

SBF did not Epstein himself!

Too soon?

Phl218 likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Eight Men Indicted for $114 Million Securities Fraud Scheme Orchestrated Through Social Media

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/eigh...raud-scheme-orchestrated-through-social-media

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Glad some pump and dumpers are getting put up on charges. That said, those that rely on twitter and dischord for their financial advice at the very least should validate anything they read through other channels.

BigBird and Banditracer like this.