1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ahlan from the desert my friend

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Nov 28, 2022.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Israel?

motion and jksoft like this.
  2. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I won't pry.

motion likes this.
  3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

better get some fresh new passport pages first unless you wanna see the wonderful scenic inside of an interrogation room for like 7 or 8 hours.

motion likes this.
  4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Can't have a middle east thread 20221116_172513_copy_1209x1612.jpg with out a falcon on your arm or a cheetah on a leash

motion likes this.
  5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same.

I would hit Eilat and you can easily jump over to see Petra from there. You can dive the Red Sea from Eilat too. I believe there is an extended trip where you can actually camp in Petra and see more of it then the typical day tour provides. Definitely a must see.

There is no shortage of cool, historic sites to see and great food in Israel, from top to bottom.

motion likes this.
  6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

We got the full treatment from the Israeli police because we drove our vehicle into Jericho which is in the Palestinian controlled area. Going into Bethlehem wasn't bad at all but we took a taxi at the "border".

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Moreeb Dune or Tal Moreeb (تل مرعب Mor'ib Hill) is a large sized sand dune located in proximity of Liwa Oasis at the Empty Quarter desert in the United Arab Emirates. With a reported 50 degree slipface, and height of 300 metres, the dune is popular for organised drag races competitions. Moreeb Hill is the tallest dune in the UAE, and one of the largest hill climbs in the world.[1] Moreeb Dune is one of the highest sand hills in the world. The dune is 1600 meters long.[2]

Geography[edit]
    Moreeb Dune is located in the United Arab Emirates, 25 km south of Liwa Oasis. The total distance from Abu Dhabi to Moreeb Dune is about 250 km.

motion and Phl218 like this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Have been... really wonderful place. Want to go back, but not this trip.

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I cruised a lot of Palestine in my Israeli rental car and didn't run into any problems, outside of very aggressive locals in Bethlehem. The only excitement I had was in the dead sea scrolls parking lot... a girl fighting with her boyfriend got in my car and wanted me to drive her to Ramallah. LOL nope.

jksoft likes this.
  10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

If you're not a diver, how about deep sea fishing? I've seen monster sail fish just off the coast of Fujairah/Khor Fakkan, UAE. Don't know if there's any outfits that provide that, but there is diving if that works for ya. Don't let the sea snakes concern you; they don't have the fangs to penetrate wetsuits.

motion likes this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's great advice, thanks. Diving doesn't really do much for me and not really a fisherman. Wish I could get into diving more, for sure.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Currently in Baghdad. Totally blown away by how nice these people are and how much they love Americans. The state of the place is total shit, of course, but its hard to not feel badly for these people and their struggles.

YamahaRick and Boman Forklift like this.
  13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I hope this is for work. Does anybody go to Riyadh voluntarily?

Dubai is not terrible. Still well down any world list of places to see.