1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Yeah, but they have a big rig and act like they are a big deal in the pits with their MotoGP riders and factory Ducati peeps and all that. If only they could have won the Superbike title. I'll give Herrin some credit for getting the job done, but I feel that Landers was getting after him and if Rocco stays in SS next year Herrin might not repeat. If he wanted to run the full season, Josh Hayes owns Herrin.

2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about Warhorse, but I'm guessing they need a Superbike rider that brings some sponsorship dollars to the table.

3. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Fresh n Lean Warhose HSBK Ducati to compete with Fresh n Lean Progressive Attack Yamaha

I think Herrin does bring sponsorship dollars to the table.

Gino230 likes this.
  4. Gino230

A good Superbike engine is $9k on the Yamaha. That doesn't include all the other bits needed to make it go fast like airbox, throttle bodies, ECU and tuning, etc. They definitely had the advantage over the SV in 2018, but they weren't well developed. Then in 19 the SV got the +2mm. That evened the playing field a bit, but the longevity wasn't there for the SV, although it had the better chassis. Now we have the Ape which has the best chassis but was a little down on exit speed initially. The field has been pretty leveled out IMO, but the SV is still down on overall power a little bit. Of course we're comparing the top bikes in the class......

5axis and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Dans officially gone

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, just saw it in RRW.

oh well, when one door closes. . . Pour some gasoline on that house and light that f@cker up and move.

7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Beaubier having a kid. I think that was the conclusion a lot of folks here came to as being a factor in him coming back from Moto2.

koth442 likes this.
  8. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I can’t think of any American that has been successful in CEV Moto3, the only place that pretty much matters if you want to move into the MotoGP circus minus a few exceptions.

henry_carlson likes this.
  9. Gino230

It will be interesting to follow her career. She seems to have all the ingredients to win right now. But that could change as she matures.

It takes a metric chit ton of cash to succeed in the European route. Going up against kids who have been racing since they were 5. It's like a country lawyer going to court against Harvard legal team. It's a big gamble going over there, that will just lead to more and more money needed once she approaches the Moto2 level.

I think she's doing the right thing now. Building her "brand", reputation, and skills while moving ahead on a semi-proven path. Hope she does well in Twins. Just so long as she leaves the lap records alone, or at least saves them for race time. :crackup:

cBJr, exracer941, YamahaRick and 2 others like this.
  10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I think Herrin stays with the team and takes the super bike ride.

11. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Peeps this morning from "over there" tell me the ink is drying on that contract.

koth442 likes this.
  12. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

<old man rant>
    Not many years ago most of the top pro riders raced SS and SB...
    </old man rant>

13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That’s because the factory’s valued a 600ss championship just as much if not more than the super bike one.

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

And this gives "ask a superbike genius" another year of material for the podcast:D

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Maybe but I think it was an easier calculation for them. They hired a former SBK champion, looked at the depth of the competitor's talent pool and figured it was probably less expensive to race here with one rider than trying to win a SS championship over in Europe. And I'm not dismissing the other 2022 SS racers, many of them rode great and showed skill beyond their age but only one other is a SBK champion, but he didn't race the whole season.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I heard a rumor today that no Warhorse HSBK on the grid next year

henry_carlson likes this.
  17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Same.

18. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

If true that sucks

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Is that the whole team, or just the super bikes?

Would suck for Herrin to also lose a ride

stk0308 likes this.
  20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Would not surprise me at all really