1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 r6 internal oil mods

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 3Dr, Nov 21, 2022.

1. 3Dr

3Dr Member

In the sprint car world I see and hear of lots of people speaking of internal mods they do to improve oil flow in some areas that the r6 is lacking. Noone ever knows or says exactly what they do though. I have heard a few different things. Anybody have experience with this? Will be running adams HF oil pump and bigger oil cooler.
    I bought a spare motor to build this winter. I have to keep it pretty stock. I'm allowed to change cams, pistons,rods. A few other things but that's mainly it. No porting. No overbore.
    Is there any real advantage to switching to cp or aftermarket pistons? Besides maybe a slight bump in cr? Which i will get when i cut the head and go to a thinner gasket anyway. Might go cp rods for durability. Any suggestions?

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'd suggest you talk to Adams they are kinda good at that

3. 3Dr

3Dr Member

I asked them today via email while asking for turn around time on hf pump. Completely ignored the question. Answered turn around time that's all

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

are you allowed to use coatings or treatments like WPC?

5. 3Dr

3Dr Member

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. TurboBlew

well looks like you'll be doing SS tweaks this winter. :)

7. 3Dr

3Dr Member

What are some good ss tweaks lol I know nothing about ss

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They aren't good at answering emails or om most of the time Coby doesn't answer them another guy does. I'd call and see if you can talk to coby

9. TurboBlew

basically freeing up any parasitic hp loss. For instance the cams in the keepers. Do they spin freely (with the cam chain disconnected)
    Then checking & matching the weight of rotating assemblies (piston, rings, rod)

Tis where the WPC treatment is nice as its undetectable. Along with a good oil like motul 300v it will feel peppier.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I've never used anything like that, does it really make a difference?

I do remember when we ran the Moriwaki cup, they dyno'd the bikes and we were making about 5hp less than some of the top guys. I talked with one of the dads after the event and he used 0 weight oil and I think he figured out a way to adjust the timing. But he said he picked up quite a bit with that oil?

11. TurboBlew

I played around with it on a stock Honda 100. The stock cylinder head doesnt have a bearing in the cam tower. I also did the trans, cylinder, piston, rings, pin, valves, springs, collets, etc.