1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

81 Kawasaki 750 value?

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Nov 19, 2022.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Thinking about buying this. 7500 miles. Runs good

what’s a fair offer for it?

needs a carb service and a few lines are brittle but it runs well

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Are you serious

SpeedyE, G Dawg and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$300. Might go up to maybe $800 if it was low miles and someone hadn’t assed it up with the custom touches.

G Dawg, dtalbott and cyclocrossfool like this.
  5. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

Fair is in the eye of the beholder, but, my offer if I wanted it would be $900. Good luck with it!

I'm cheap, and as it is not an inherently valuable model, and it is not stock, it is not in my mind worth a lot. As basic transportation, it's a very usable ride.

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

A couple hundred bucks tops

SpeedyE and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

SHIT I meant 7500 miles

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ok a couple hundred bucks and a 12 pack

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

HAHA :crackup::crackup:

fucking savage!

britx303 likes this.
  10. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Ya’ll leave Cortezzy Machina alone…had one back in the day. It was awesome. Buy it and ride it and try not to pay attention to how much you have into it.

However, everyone here is correct about the value. I heard an old diatribe about vintage Japanese motorcycles outside of the collectible two strokes. It goes like this “Oh, how much did you pay for it?” And then whatever the answer is (let’s say $800) the response is “Well that’s about $800 too much for it.”

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I'll give you $500 for the engine complete.

turner38 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

A running motorcycle is worth $1000

13. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

I've one in my shed that I was gonna cafe but lost interest,pm me.1978 8000 mi bone stock kz750 with a spare set of like new carbs.

14. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

its a ltd and modified like it is i wouldnt buy it. a stock one yes to cruise around on. i had a 1980 "standard" that i bought about 5 years ago . low miles about $1500. raced it a season then used it as a doner bike for my cmr.[​IMG]

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I had one in my formative years. Decatur GA 1985, the Airforce shipped it to England as my household goods. 60. Jonathan Decatur, GA Spring '85.jpg .

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

What about parts, forget about it, get a first gen. Fz1.

Just because a bike runs, does Not mean it's worth 1K

17. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Do you like it? If yes, what difference does it make what anyone else thinks.

Pay what you are willing to pay for it and enjoy it.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

tree fiddy

19. A motorcycle from 1981???

[​IMG]

ChemGuy and pickled egg like this.
  20. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

If it runs good, why does it need a carb service?

If it's got brittle fuel lines on it, you can probably assume the airbox rubber boots are brittle/hard as well, which is going to make that easy carb service a huge pain in the ass as far as getting them off and back on.

If you get caught in the rain your back and ass are gonna get soaked. Those "aftermarket" rear shocks are junk, but hopefully they will bottom out before that "bobbed" rear fender contacts the tire.

The handlebar/footpeg relationship along with the raked out front end will make for an interesting riding position and probably equally goofy handling.

Frame has been hacked at the rear, because that's what you do when you're a custom builder, along with the rot inducing header wrap.

As stated earlier, that model has no real classic value and never will after the, ahem, "restoration" inflicted upon it.

Still, as there is no accounting for taste, somebody would fall love with it and probably pay $1,200 or more for it.

We all hope that somebody isn't you.

$800 tops if you really love it and there's a clear title. And you're going to put at least another $800 into it making the thing roadworthy. Carb kits alone are $40 each nowadays and you're gonna need 4. And check the inside of that tank, if instinct is right, the expert "restorer" will have used a piss poor Kreem coating that is going to cause you problems down the road. Good luck!

cortezmachine likes this.