1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Cup | 2022 | Qatar

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 18, 2022.

1. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Ummm, yeah. I'll get right on that.

Fox. Henhouse. etc.
    Yep. The small stadium is in Hamtramck. (7000) Lots of fun, Nice rowdy crowd on one side (having fun that is), and regular fans on the other side. Would be nice to get a bigger (20-25k) stadium built for them to play in. Over time I think they could fill it.

We've actually beat MLS teams before.

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

You guys are funny. You want to boycott the World Cup now, because Qatar got the nod, brides??? The head of FIFA has been taking brides for the location for World Cups ever since that Brazilian dude João Havelange was named President back in the 1974. But, yeah, take your stand now, lol.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

He took something like 40 mil in bribes during his tenure as head fifa man

5. ljuice26

Basically.

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So, you are saying with all that money he can get all the brides he wants?

auminer, henry_carlson and rd400racer like this.
  7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

The bribes are nothing new, money is involved and the major sponsor is not allowed to sell their product at the event, even Brazil changed the rules for the world cup. Having a Country who has never even qualified for the world cup host it is stupid, maybe the US should have bribed FIFA more, this place constantly wastes tax dollars, would have been cool to have it here

cpettit likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, hopefully you mean "bribes."

I've heard a lot of people say that they were going to boycott. None have said it was because of the bribes. Their issue seems to be what was bought with the bribes. They wouldn't have had a problem if the money had bought a World Cup in the US, Germany or Japan.

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The next World Cup is being played here. There will be 48 teams in it and it will be spread over stadiums in the US, Canada and Mexico. The vast majority of the matches will be played in the US.

Yzasserina likes this.
  10. ljuice26

I bet they have tried.

11. Captain Morgan

Come on man, thought the US is the best, most strongest Country in the world, we should be able to bribe anybody better than any other country in the world, Merica

Jedb likes this.
  12. ljuice26

Yeah ok. I been to a lot of these Middle Eastern countries......... They got money man........ In my Jay Z voice. Dubai, Qatar, Abu Dhabi and Riyadh make our cities look like shit.

13. Robin172

There was some pretty shady dealings around the awarding of the 2002 winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.

14. Captain Morgan

I was kind of being sarcastic, but on a serious note??

15. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

@Robin172 how you feeling about england?? Everyone still all pissed off about the nations leagues, down on the squad and over southgate??

16. Robin172

Because of my decision to not watch any games I'm not that interested. Be typical of them to go and win it now.

As for Southgate, the general consensus on the board I frequent in the England is that he is an FA yes man and never gambles. He plays with a back four or five and no matter the opposition he always has three holding midfielders and he's fallen into the usual trap of selecting players on reputation not form (how Ivan Toney didn't get picked I don't know). There is an abundance of attacking midfield talent he could chose from but there will only be one on the pitch at a time, he's a one trick pony with no plan B. Personally I think the coach of the England women's team is far, far better than he is.

I lost my patience with him after the WC semi-final in 2018. Croatia were well known to play a high line and he left the best player England had for breaking that line on the bench. After England went one nil up, Croatia had to press even more and the opportunities would have been there had Kane dropped a little deeper and acted as a conduit, which he does to great effect for Tottenham.

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

@Robin172
    Why is McGuire on the squad. That guy is very inconsistent and more of a liability in the back than anything.
    How did he make it? Baffling.

18. Robin172

As I said about Southgate, "he's fallen into the usual trap of selecting players on reputation not form." Maguire has generally been OK for England but at the moment the first time something goes wrong his confidence will fall apart. Timori should have definitely been there in his place.

Can you believe that he's the most expensive defender in the world? Us Leicester fans laughed all the way to the bank when that happened, we knew what Man. Utd. were getting. The same when Ben Chilwell went to Chelsea, very good player going forward but not that great as a defender, a bit like Alexander Arnold at Liverpool.

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

McGuire just comes across as a buffoon.

Having just seen Brentford v. Chelsea live and watching him against City, seems odd not to have Toney on the team.

20. Robin172

I'd have taken him ahead of Callum Wilson but he's just got in some hot water over allegations of betting on matches, despite what the FA have said, I reckon that's got something to do with it. I also have a strong sense of "big club" bias too.