1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Jedb and tgold like this.
  2. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Pretty sure there is a $100 rebate on Trijicon website for the rmrcc right now

3. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s been talked about on here but I haven’t seen it.

Is the ATF reforms website always this bad? I’m getting a “already logged on” and immediate log out every single week.

4. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I try to go on in off hours. Some days I’ll try several times with no luck mid to late day. I’m east coast so I’ll use it between 6 & 8 am with zero issues.

5. Christopher Graybosch

Roger that. I’ve been trying on my lunch break

6. Christopher Graybosch

The frustrating thing is i can’t even log on because the site is saying I am logged on already on a different computer. Worthless site

7. Well. Fuck. I already ordered one.

But since there is a rebate, I might grab a couple more. I am sure I will need them sooner or later.

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

What is the model of Canik you guys keep talking about for your EDC?

I'm personally very happy with my Hellcat, but I've also done work on the trigger. I practice with it regularly and I don't want to change to something else after spending so much time building up the muscle memory.

However, my brother just held and played with my Hellcat and now really wants one. (When he carries he has a Glock 26, and that's like a brick compared to the new class of small 9mm carry guns.) I want him to hold this gun too and maybe move him towards it. It took work to get my trigger to a really good place, and that's work he won't do.

I guess let me also get y'all's opinion on everything that's in this class that he should look at. I told him to also hold the Glock 43x, and the Sig P365.

9. The Canik we are referring to is the TP9 Elite SC.

As far as EDC, I have used that little Canik ^, the Glock 43X, Hellcat (standard and OSP), P356XL, XDS MOD2-OSP, and the XDM Elite Compact OSP. I just bought the Canik Mete SF with the 4" barrel, but haven't tried it yet.

Personally, I rank them like this...

P365XL/Canik TP9 Elite SC
    Glock 43X
    XDM Elite
    Hellcat OSP
    XD-9
    XDS MOD2
    XD-M .45

The p365XL and little Canik are essentially tied, because I love both of them. The P365 is a little thinner and easier to conceal, so which one I use depends on what I am wearing. I would say the P365 is a little more accurate, but the Canik feels MUCH better in my hand. For me it is a toss up, so the decision is made by my attire (which comes down to the time of the year).

I really, really like the XDM-Elite Compact OSP. It fits great in my hand and shoots awesome. Love the trigger. BUT...the Hex optic it came with isn't "shake awake". For me and my EDC, that is a deal breaker. I could always change the optic, but I have other ones I like so I use them instead. But I if i was to change the optic, it would be up there with the P365 and little Canik. If I could redo it, I would buy the same gun without the optic included, and throw a Trijicon on it.

The Glock 43X gets the nod over the Hellcat OSP (IMO) simply because it shoots better. It isn't as snappy and is just a tad bit bigger, so it fits my hand a little better.

You can't go wrong with the P365XL. It is one of the top rated and highest selling EDC guns for a reason. No matter what he looks at, the list has to include that one. I would personally add the little Canik also. With a Holosun optic on there it is a great EDC choice.

RonR likes this.
  10. Oh yeah, I have also heard good stuff about the Smith and Wesson M&P EDC guns. They are supposed to be very user friendly. But I can't give personal experience, all of my S&W guns are mid or full size. I have never tried any of their small ones.

11. Christopher Graybosch

I EDC my M&P. The gun is nice, fits well. Compared it to a friends SIG 365. We both felt the M&P was a little easier to hold and handle. Out of the box the sig had a better trigger, but I put a MCarbo kit in the M&P and for $18 it’s perfect

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Chris, I have to ask...I know you love the current high tech pistols ands all the gadgets that go along with them. Do you have the greatest pistol ever created in your arsenal? You know, the Colt 1911.

[​IMG]

Gorilla George and fastfreddie like this.
  13. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Saw this the other day about the 1911 and made me laugh

[​IMG]

14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I just drove down to Venice yesterday to pickup a Glock 43X MOS from Quicktoy's shop, cool setup he's got going there, Pawn/Gun Shop/Johnny Glocks all under one roof. food truck in the parking lot.

I like the feel of the 43X, I haven't had a Glock for a while but the 43X feels perfect, I bought it for my wife to carry.

15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Thanks for the write up GG. What's the difference between the standard 365 and XL model?

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

When you carry a 1911, your other guns are the throw aways. ;)

rd400racer likes this.
  17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Can't go wrong with anything John Browning designed. I prefer a DA pistol.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

GG...your EDC list would be much shorter if you listed the guns you didn't try :D

19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

It's good after you bought it. Check the website for info.

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I was gonna say...GG probably doesn't know how rebates work

Gorilla George and Razr like this.