1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car washing - "Lift" soap

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 12, 2022.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Ask the guy that did your ceramic.
    I got a bottle of stuff from mine, they strongly recommend not using regular wash soaps.
    I guess you could try your foam cannon once just to see what happens.
    Hint - the foam won't stay on the car.

Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  2. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

2 bucket wash is a must. i have a pressure washer but no foam cannon .

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. Yeah the ceramic dude has his own brand of soap that has the same nano shit as the ceramic. I told him I would grab some on my way home with car.

But damnit I didn't even think about the soap not sticking because of the ceramic. Shit that sucks. That is my favorite part when the whole car is covered with 2" of soap. That is the part I look forward to. Fuck.

brex likes this.
  4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

One trend I noticed coming back to the US the last couple of years is all these carwash memberships with unlimited washes. Heard those mechanical washes are not the best for your car. Is that true. I'm sure people with the unlimited membership probably swing by 3 times a week.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When you're away from home three weeks at a time, how often do you think about the car getting dirty in your garage?

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Water quality plays a big factor also. Hard water, and you'll get swirls in ceramic

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

They are just swirl machines. If you care about your paint, then they are a no go.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Now you just fucked up him sleeping while away.

9. Every. Damn. Day.

I have a camera in my garage and I look at it about 56x a day.

Saiyan66 and BigBird like this.
  10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

This is why I dont wash my car. Don want to fuck up the paint after all

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I have my process. It does not involve two buckets or even filling a bucket with soapy water.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

upload_2022-11-12_14-5-53.jpeg

Let someone else fill the bucket?

Gorilla George and A. Barrister like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well, since it has already been coated and ruined for you, time to reject it. “Because of the amp” and order another.

JUST DON’T RUIN THIS ONE WITH CERAMIC COATING TOO!!

This way looks much more expensive!!

14. Venom51

No the neighbors complained about me wearing my bikini.

Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  15. Venom51

Well ask yourself this question. Who washes the shit out of all the wash strips being rubbed all over every car that passes through it? I'm not a fan of automated washes.

16. Please, for the love of all things Holy set up a live stream of you washing your car. I want to see what next level ocd looks like :)

To answer the question yes it’s a step I have found the value of the extra money and time in doing, especially when there is visible dirt/ grime. It “helps” prevent some of the larger particles from scratching the paint during the friction of washing. I will use it at times on my Jeep when it’s muddy from being off-road and seems to help when pressure washing. Times I don’t send wife’s car off to get detailed I use it wether I think it’s dirty enough to justify it or not. I have the finish on that thing as good as I’d want a car to be and it’s too much of a pain in the ass to have to re-do it more often than I need to.

17. Haha, I would probably be embarrassed for anyone to see it. :D

I use these:
    Amazon.com: Chemical Guys ‎ACC1001R Creeper Rolling Bucket Dolly for Car Washing, Detailing, Garage & More , Red : Automotive
    Amazon.com: Chemical Guys Soft Stool Ultimate Utility Detailing Cart : Automotive

The one with chair has a place for the bucket in the front, and then I roll the other bucket (rinse bucket) with me. I've got several different brushes, rags, wands and shit. We go to the gym at 2pm every day and 95% of the time that is all I have to do all day. So I might go out in the morning and spend 4+hrs cleaning the car. Hell I can spend 20-30mins just on one wheel. For me, a 1-2hr job is a "quick wash" when I am in a hurry and just want it clean before I go somewhere.

I have a small vaccum for the inside and I will use a brush to get between all the cracks of the buttons and shit, keeping the vaccum right beside the brush so I can brush the dust into the vaccum rather than throwing it around the car. Then I have to press hard on all the folds in the seats to get the shit from between.

The drying takes almost as long because I can't handle water spots. Ill open/close the doors, hood, gas cap, and boot several times to get the water drops that will fall out.

Then when I am finished, ill get in and drive the car forward just enough to roll the wheels 180deg so I can see shit that I couldn't see while that part of the wheel was on top.

Washing the car definitely gives me autonomous sensory meridian response. Hell, I even enjoy watching car detail videos on YouTube. I can sit and watch that shit all day.

I don't just do it because I want shit clean, I actually enjoy the process. Sometimes I will hope it rains so it will get the car dirty enough to justify giving it a good detailing. I know the Ceramic Coating is a good thing in terms of how good the vehicle looks (and keeping it that way), but part of me will be a little disappointed by it because I won't get the same joy out of washing it. Especially if soap won't stick and my Foam Cannon wont work as good.

Im gonna start adding that additional step ("lifting" step) to my process also. The logic makes sense, especially if there is visible dirt. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  18. How do you know you posted a thread on The Beeb? When the thread goes for multiple pages with only 2 people actually addressing the question in the original post. :crackup:

19. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

I do not use a bucket at all. First i rinse the car thoroughly. I put the soap directly on the mitt and wash the car by sections. The roof, and windows get done then I rinse out the mitt entirely. The hood and fenders next, then rinse out the mitt and so on and so on. If there is a section that is dirtier than another, the section gets smaller. Also, I use a leaf blower to dry the car. The windows gets the squeegee.

My son works at a car wash and there are only a few things you should use at a car wash. The touchless automatic drive thorough, the high pressure rinse in the stall or the vacuum. The "hairy" drive through is like using 2000 grit all over your car. The chemicals they use in there are very harsh and are not good for your paint. And nobody cleans the foam brushes in the stalls or the "hairy" spinny things in the automatic. People clean their engines with the foam brushes in the stalls and the next guy puts it on their hood!

Rinsing on bad weather days is about all they are good for. Take car off your car at home properly.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

What is this washing of cars you people speak of?