1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Your Earliest Childhood Memories?

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Nathey

Nathey Well-Known Member

My first clear memory was when I was 3-4 my parents bought a big wooden swing set and a dump truck load of sand for my brothers and I to play in. I remember standing outside and watching everything get delivered and assembled. We had ~8 years of playing on that stuff every single afternoon year-round (since we were all homeschooled weirdos ;)) until we grew up then moved. We had farm cats that would poop in the sandbox so every once in a while we'd find a little treasure while we played in the sand :confused:

Razr likes this.
  2. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

Sometime around age 2-3, riding in the backseat of a blue Mustang. I distinctly remember the seats felt weird (all we had at that point were cloth), how dark it was in the car and I couldn't see shit because the windows sucked.

In hindsight I'm sure I wasn't in a child seat, but hey, it was the late 70's!

Razr likes this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I do remember my mom potty training me...2 years old? (not 20) and she saw me standing on the seat aiming my poop towards the hole. She yelled at me :crackup:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Youngins!

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Child seat in the 70's who are you kidding? Mom had us up front on the bench seat and did the old arm across the front of both of us as she hit the brakes.

I also remember all of us kids piling into the back of the pickup to go somewhere, had to be 8-9 based on the house and year of the truck.

Banditracer and Razr like this.
  6. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Kids nowadays will never know how fun this was. I had a basketball/football coach thay used to pick up and drop us off for practice. About 8 of us in the bed of a pickup truck.

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I remember being amazed at how you didn't get wet riding in the back of a pickup when it was raining. Probably 10-12 years old riding in the back of Dad's 79 stepside gmc coming home from an aunts house in the rain. I should clarify, you don't get wet while driving. You totally get wet when you stop.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And here I thought yours would be conjugating verbs.:D

auminer likes this.
  9. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

A few years ago, I asked my mom about a memory I had of my dad and his brother getting into a fist fight while playing cards at my uncle’s house, and my mom and my aunt hustling the kids outside to get away from the mayhem. My mom almost freaked. She said, you were only 2 years old when that happened. Maybe so, but I distinctly remember that happening.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I must've been 6 or 7, sitting in the backseat of a Mini (the real one, obviously) with my younger brother and cousin as my aunt was driving us to school. Waiting at an intersection, we got ass-packed by a Range Rover. I'm sure that if you showed me the video today, it would be nothing more than a gentle tap. But damn, the way that Mini jumped forward, it sure didn't feel like it.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Couple of flashes of memory from 2 or so of a room with 2 cribs and climbing out of mine. Described to my parents many years later and it fits where we lived at the time. After that its mainly from 5 or 6 on.

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

We used to have a pool table/bar in the basement, and my Dad used to have a bunch of buddies over all the time. Smoking, drinking, and just being guys. I remember playing on the other side of the basement when one of the guys got into fight with his brother, and called him a cocksucker. I was Maybe 2 or 3, young enough I didn't even know what a cock was yet, nor why one would suck it, but I thought it was a funny word and repeated the hell out of it for a while thereafter. I think Mom put her foot down because those parties stopped happening shortly after that........

Boman Forklift and Razr like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea it is amazing what we made it through without seatbelts, car seats, and no motorcycle helmets.

The Todd likes this.
  14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I find it amazing that some of yas remember shit from 2-3 yrs of age?!

The earliest most terrorizing memory i have was the lst day of kindergarten....I was so scared and freaked out by it, I ran out of the school, screaming and crying, down the middle of the road to go home....about 1/2 mile away.

I surely don't remember anything earlier than that. Didn't think my brain developed 'THAT' slow. :)

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I remember my dad came to parents day at school, first grade. We were working on a project where you wrote down whatever was in the picture...dog, cat, cigarette (1970) and I got all the way to the bottom before I noticed I wrote all my answers on the wrong line. I was frantically erasing everything I wrote down. On the way home the only thing he said was " you sure were doing a bunch of erasing" He probably thought....my kids the dumb one doing all that erasing :D

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

In my crib, looking up and seeing my sister’s hands on the railing, looking over at me. Later, when I was maybe three, throwing pieces of salami across the room to see if we could get them under the heater. We did. Good times.

Razr likes this.
  17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I thought only boys threw salami :D

Yzasserina likes this.
  18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

<Looking through book of euphemism>

19. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

After having been in a GCS #3 Coma at 25 yrs old., some of my memories aren't all there. Most are however.
    We're here, because we're not all there.

Razr likes this.
  20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Playing with the garden hose in the summer with my then 2 y.o. brother and making him laugh so hard for what seemed like forever...

Seeing my dad's Ford Pinto door almost fall off from having rusted and holding it with bailing twine.