1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.56... sold out everywhere?

Discussion in 'General' started by Clay, Jun 18, 2020.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Any reason against 350 legend? Bigger bore but cheaper ammo, even available at damn near every Wally World I’ve seen. And maybe I’m mixing up, but I thought 350L even uses the same bcg as a 556……..no?

skidooboy likes this.
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I re-read my post, doesn't really sound good. My morning funny talk radio show had a bit about only needing one bullet. ...to blow his brains out!

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah man, I was just messing with ya’ while pointing out that I’m not a good shot. :-D

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea I know....that remark might need a PM.

5. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Never heard of that caliber. I guess I know what I am doing this weekend.

skidooboy and britx303 like this.
  6. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Let me know if y'all head a bit west.
    I shoot at Peacemaker in WV.
    Cool place.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That’s what I went with and it technically does use the same mag but to get it to work consistently you need to cut back the retaining lips 1/4”. Also put a dead air primal on it and it’s a fun gun. To be honest the only reason I built the gun is like you I had a 223 I wasn’t using and in MD there are counties that you can only use shotgun or straight wall cartridge. I only bow hunt but if someone needs some crop damage deer taken care of it’s the way to go. Down side Ballistics are not very impressive compared to typical deer hunting rounds.

8. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’ve been there a few times for matches. Nice but far for me.

Triple X likes this.
  9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Pmag makes a mag specifically for the 300blk. Small changes but supposedly works better.

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’ve always used standard 556 mags for 300 black with never an issue.

11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

That was also my experience. Though some people say they have occasional issues. Not like a few more pmags will break the bank.

RonR likes this.
  12. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

I keep hearing the ballistics are not impressive with the .350 Legend but, my Ruger American platform, with Magpul hunter stock, and a modified AICS Pmag is pretty impressive to me, for accuracy. pretty easy for sub moa, and for reference... I shot a quarter sized 3 shot group (no BS) a week ago at 200 yds, from a lead sled.

To get a real feel for the gun, I shot the gun from 100 yds zero, to 25 yds (half inch low), 50 (half inch high), 75 (slightly high), 150 (3/4" low). In the Southern Michigan (limited firearm zone) woods I hunt, to be able to realistically just aim dead on, from zero to 150 yards, without thinking, is pretty damn good. The winchester 150 gr extreme points were a game changer for me, and this gun. Their chart showed this gun and round would be about 4.5" low @200 yds, with a 150 zero. with a 100 zero, it shoots a consistent 8" low, at 200 yds for me. I am not worried about the drop difference because, I know how well the bullets group.

However, I would never try a 200 yd shot on a whitetail with this round, due to my limitations. Then, just when I get the gun dialed in... winchester brings out a "better version" of the extreme point, called the copper impact extreme point 150. might have to try it out but, I cant imagine it shooting much better than what is is now. 11 days to rifle deer season opener. cant wait! Ski

350 legend 100.jpg

350 legend 200.jpg

britx303 and Steeltoe like this.
  13. I can't speak for the hunting aspect; I don't hunt. But (post-Floyd/Covid) I haven't had any problems finding .300blk, including Subsonic rounds.

14. :stupid:

But if someone is going to do that, FFS mark them (or use some of those rubber bands with the caliber writing on them, you can get them on Amazon). I always use 556, but I have some dedicated for .300blk and they are marked accordingly. I don't mix random ones.

Edit, like these:
    Amazon.com : Ikotich 300 Blackout Magazine Marking Band, Magazine Caliber Identification, Magazine Silicone Band 12pcs : Sports & Outdoors

skidooboy likes this.
  15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That’s good shooting. My AR platform also shoots great groups. Accuracy wasn’t a talking point. Take my ballistic comment in context and your post says exactly what I was saying. It isn’t great compared to 270 , 308 , 30-06 etc. Basically if your not limited to straight wall you can do much better but for areas that you are limited it’s really a great round hence the reason I built one. Good luck this season!

skidooboy likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Of course you didn’t have any problems. You fucking bought them all! :mad:

17. [​IMG]

18. A lot available around here (NeGa, Greenville, Sc, etc). Shot bit over 150 308 rounds today (using 3 different guns, each with a different purpose and only thing common about the rounds are they are all 308, was channeling my Inner-Brome :) Put a carbon barrel on the Christenson, I’m quite happy with it but not exactly sold on the whole carbon barrel thing. My buddy bought it for his and neve used it so we made a trade.
    My semi custom coyote rounds shoot well and look like they will make a pretty good mess after shooting them in ballistics gel (I have lots of it as we use it in testing at work to simulate meat in fridges).

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I have been going to DelMarVa Skeet and Sporting clays like once a month this year since April. Peacemaker is on my list.

Took my son Tuesday to the indoor pistol range. It was my bday so we played hooky from school and work.

The General Manager came over and helped him with some grip and trigger technique tips. Then Alex was laser accurate after that. Not that he was a bad shit to start.

Turns out the guy was a Marine Sniper in his previous career. Showed us pictures of him in various locations throughout the world. Certified Bad Ass.

Triple X likes this.
  20. I hear ya about someone who knows what they are doing giving you pointers. I hang out with a couple guys that are pro’s, one does that handguns run around and shoot at shit and other bow. I tell ya, a lot easier to travel all over the country for them than it is having to haul race bikes. The bow shooting buddy gives me all kids of cool shit that’s his “junk” usually. For me it’s like having parts from a WSBK factory bike and I’m maybe intermediate track day guy :) amazing what just a smallest thing to do, or usually in my case stop doing helps. Any sort of shooting starts to gun exponentially more difficult the better you get as the challenge goes up wether it be your target number of the 25 clays or target size and yardage. Etc. Those guys shoot for skins, have the balls to even ask me to jump in the pot at 600 yards. I sure showed them. Threw a $20 on the ground and said, here is a round of beers, if ya need me I’ll be at the kid range

StaccatoFan likes this.