1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any BMXperts in the house? Enter please....

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 1, 2022.

1. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

I had 2 Mongoose (Mongeese?) A Californian and a Eric Rupe I raced in the mid 80s. Both got stolen by 2 guys I knew. Never got them back but I got my revenge. I wish I still had at least one of them

gixer1100 likes this.
  2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I seem to be noticing a theft trend

3. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

My cousin had a blue Kuwahara with blue anodized rims.. I bet that thing got put in the dumpster.. what a shame!

4. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Back in the early 80's I was a GT supported racer with NBL and ABA in the midwest. Huffy, yes... Huffy wanted to make a big run at this and since I was a native of Dayton they took one of my GT Pro frame and fork combos and made a purpose built chrome-moly version that had a slightly longer top-tube and head angle. If had a brace like the old GJS frames did too. I wish I had that bike still, they only made a handful. But, with being so young at the time the contract they offered only covered my travel and expenses and not a parent and they said hell no. I stayed with GT the rest of my time in the sport. Is anyone old enough to remember the War of the Stars series and the Jox-Jag Championship? I also still have today a original Haro Master Freestyler that was pretty tricked out. Only missing the fork standers (in case anyone has some). I grew up with the DK family (famously of the K&G bike shop) and I was with the Whittmans bike shop team. Oh the memories.... I miss the free Oakley, Vans, and Premier helemts products...

gixer1100 and HPPT like this.
  5. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

OP I had one of those Mongoose in the late 90's. I think a lot of kids my age had them. You could get them at Wal-Mart.

I got hit by a car that was coming out of an alleyway while I was riding it. Broke two of my fingers on her windshield wipers (or something near there) and bent the crank arm on the bike bad enough to where you couldn't pedal it anywhere.. lol I don't think I ever rode that bike again.

6. Tifosi

Tifosi Well-Known Member

cxd10 likes this.