MotoGP | 2022 | Race 18 | Phillip Island | Australia | Oct 16

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 10, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2 out of 3 years where Quattro folded with the championship lead. He better send a basket to Runs arm Marquez. If Pecco wins this race, it was all but over since Pecco would have needed only a 2 point Difference, but now he needs a 11 point difference, but the way quattro is riding, that's not going to be hard

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I used to find interesting these fly-on-the-wall moments but ever since they were asked to speak english in this now evidently setup moment of 'Let's get the riders talking before the podium ceremony'; it seems fake, bad reality TV.

Still, bloody good race!

4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

SuddenBraking and Phl218 like this.
  5. Chino52405

Fabio is still riding the same Yamaha all the back markers have. I remind myself of that every time the gaggle of Ducs run a train on him.

Dragginass and 418 like this.
  6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Im gonna take a cold shower now.

Steeltoe and BigBird like this.
  7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Maybe Martin will now understand why Beast got the factory seat.

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I'm not so sure that's a good thing. Dani gets his corner at Jerez, next day gets punted in his corner.
    Exact same thing for Miller.

Great race.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Chino52405

Miller corner just sounds wrong to me and wasn't that considered a hairpin previously or did I make that up? I like Miller Hairpin better, but he probably gets punted regardless.

Used2befast likes this.
  10. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Best race of the year, and, evidently they just hand out corner names to anyone these days....What a joke.

cpettit and Phl218 like this.
  11. Used2befast

He should have done a consultation with his Rugby boys before the warm up lap. He may have come out scrapping and finished.:Poke:

12. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

He's overriding to compensate for that (relatively) slow POS. There are no gaggles of Yamahas up front with him, as is the case for Ducati. At this point I think Quarterpounder would be better off with Aprillia or KTM.

13. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Maybe this was mentioned, but the previous qualifying lap record was set by JLO 9 yrs ago?...They made sure to point out they were on Bridgestones at that time. But that just seems crazy to me that the electronics, the tires etc haven't advanced enough to beat a 10 yr old lap record until now?

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Moto 3 record was also from 2014.

15. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Lorenzo commented that the asphalt was new back then and very, very grippy.

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

He also joked with Martin, that if he had his bike back then he'd have run a 1:25 lol.

17. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

Man, Miller pulling his ear plugs out with needlenose pliers was a very...Miller moment. Half expected him to shotgun a Fosters and smash the can on his forehead afterwards.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes, I've never seen him be so happy to finish second.

19. Used2befast

Dude is serious about hearing protection. Never seen anyone do that...crazy

Phl218 likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I remember him always smiling after the really hard-fought last-lap battles that he lost to Dovizioso and Rins. He is an animal wired to win but he also seems to genuinely enjoy a good scrap.