1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin Power Slick 2 vs pirelli sc1

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ibidu1, Oct 8, 2022.

1. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, im having an issue getting a hold of race tires. Im used to running Pirelli Sc1 120/180 on my 2017 R6, I have been able to find Power Slick 2's in size 190 and 200. But I dont know much about these michelins. I heard to run these tires, your suspension setup should be dialed. I already chew through the sc1's! How do they compare, also whats there compound range, I am only seeing one compound. Are they harder then the sc1, or softer? Do they have more bite? What tire psi is recommended cold, and hot for a grippy abrasive track?

Being a 190 rear, should I lower the rear of the bike about 3mm?

2. micchael6

micchael6 Member

I run them and I find it’s an easy tire to ride, won’t destroy if your warmer or pressure is not perfect. Maybe no as sticky as the sc1 for top pro rider’s but I’m not. Last a bit longer than the pirelli, the front last forever.

I run hot temperature F31-33 and rear 23-25. You should start with 32-34,5.

You can run Cup2 if you want to stay to 180. It’s the same compound.

3. micchael6

micchael6 Member

I meant 32-24,5psi

4. Lrrs345

Lrrs345 Member

Get ahold of Mike Kurtz at www.gomtag.com he is our pirelli supplier up here in the Norteast and can likely help you out. If you are chewing through the SC1's then consider going to the harder SC2 or be more cognizant of your pressure settings. I was running 34F/29R this season in my Pirellis on the SV

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Cool but I think ibiu1 is located in Quatar or somewhere WAY FAR away from the northeastern US and nowhere near Loudon, lol

ibidu1 likes this.
  6. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

Yup, I usually buy my tires from losail race track, but because of world cup the main circuit is shut down. So not even trackdays

7. Lrrs345

Lrrs345 Member

HA HA yeah I guess that would pose an issue tho shipping may also be an option I would think...