1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki Ninja 650 Race bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by jerickson79, Aug 20, 2022.

1. jerickson79

jerickson79 Active Member

See my history here, sold a ZX6R in 2021. Moved to Austin TX with the idea of getting back on kart and big tracks but…life.

This is a highly unique racer from the defunct WSMC in California.

ZX636 front end and wheels
    Elka rear shock
    Arata titanium full exhaust
    Arata adjustable foot pegs
    Quarter turn throttle
    Quick shifter
    Fully race prepared

Any extra or original part I can dig up will come with the motorcycle.

Has not been run since 2017. I can get a battery and start it up before interested buyer commits. Will need a good once over before next track day.

$2300

https://imgur.com/a/nA0bt8y

2. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I think that was the first Kawi Kevin Jump built and raced at Willow Springs in 2007. I bet it has +1 pistons and the motor would have been built by Hypercycle with high lift web cycle cams and custom head porting. It probably has a Yo-yo slipper too. The Arata is light and nice. ZX-6R rear wheel conversion it looks like too. I know the build because Kevin built one for me and mostly copied what he built and tested on this one.

It looks like it needs some love, but a weekend of work and a little elbow grease and it’ll be good so that’s a good deal. GLWS.

3. jerickson79

I appreciate the history, this came to us after its time leading WSMC races and lived as a B and A session track day toy. It does indeed have the YoYo slipper clutch, quick shifter and many other touches.

located in Austin, open to reasonable offers. I’d love to see it getting the use it was designed for.

William Schneider likes this.
  4. jerickson79

Bike is sold