1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M&P-15 Sport II questions for the all knowing...

Discussion in 'General' started by RS250Ape, Sep 27, 2022.

1. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

Bought another one of those about three weeks ago and being my third "Blem" purchase from them, I have yet to find said blemish on any three items...

britx303 likes this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We have 2 blem psa amongst the other less expensive brands and 1 gucci brand. The blem’d psa’s get the most trigger time anymore. They have been nothing but awesome and dead on accurate as I’ll ever be. ZERO complaints

sdg and jasonhise like this.
  3. britx303

Plus I never found any blem’s either.

5axis and jasonhise like this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Early M&P rifles are a much better choice than the current crop.

New ones are not chrome lined, do not come with the proper profile or muzzle device etc etc. That price range is a new Colt.

All that being said, the answer is BCM.

redtailracing likes this.
  5. :crackup:

Nick_OMC likes this.
  6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I'm going to throw these out there also. I have a couple of these and have been impressed and really happy with them and they dont break the bank. made in TX and lifetime warranty. I've been told they use colt barrels but haven't confirmed that.

Radical Firearms

8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Larue... mic drop! Ski

Steeltoe and redtailracing like this.
  9. britx303

Our 308 is a 16” BCA. It’s damn accurate for any realistic distance we’ll ever encounter around here.Wasn’t happy with it at first…….came with too short of a gas tube. Once I put the correct length in, it’s been awesome. I’ve been eyeing up another 308 upper for my last lower I’m in the middle of.

10. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

AR's a literally everywhere and everyone has one and people are still buying them and paying $1k plus. Amazing.
    Branch out. Get something cool.

Steeltoe likes this.
  11. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I'm seeing people I would never think would even have a gun pull an AR out these days.

If I could find an AK I could put a thermal on and suppress I think that'd be be fun.

12. britx303

Our new AK we finally shot when we took the 308 to the range the other day. First time shooting one. ALOT of fun and I’m sure would be awesome suppressed. It does have some odd thread though. Came with a side mount for an optic. Pretty cool piece altogether and fed any ammo and any brand mag we have for it so far.

Steak Travis likes this.
  13. Just send it off to get some fancy coating that costs more than the gun :) wait - that’s something I’d do.

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. I have an AR-10 with the above that the coyotes sure don’t appreciate, especially with some modified Hornaday Superperformance rounds. Thermal was a game changer for me as about 95% of hunting I do is at night. Thermal on the gun and one on a small tripod that will play through VR glasses if you want. Tried that a couple times and is a pretty good setup if out there alone scanning and not in a blind. In a blind I’ll usually use my phone or iPad to view.

15. Steak Travis

yeah I’m looking at the Ruger SFAR but I like my SBR’s so much I don’t think I’d use the 16” gun. My 16” 223 AR sits in the safe unused.

I’m trying to decide if a helmet mounted thermal is worth it or keep using a hand held scanner. The helmet would be convenient but don’t think in my instance it would increase my numbers. The helmet plus a mountable thermal gets pricey for hogs

16. I’m lazy so like to park my ass, plus helmet mounted can get a bit tough if using it walking through the woods. If it’s for moving around I’d try night over thermal. The night vision works pretty good if you are paying attention and catch their eyes, thermal is ultimate lazy- well efficient- way to hunt. I always use either a light at last minute or night to verify what I’m shooting at though. Would rather not plug my neighbors dog that got out :) Most of my shots at night are under 75 yards with the bulk of those in the 40-50 range. I can set up in some good spots as we have a lot of hilly terrain here in Ne Ga.

17. Steak Travis

Yeah the ultimate would be NV on one eye for walking and Thermal on the other for spotting. Where I hunt I'm usually driving around spotting with the thermal, jumping out walking up to them with the tripod and setting up on them. A hand held and a weapon mounted works well but I'm getting jealous of these guys with the helmet rigs but the 640 thermals that are helmet mountable are min 4k-6k. The IRAY RL 25 looks interesting for 3k but at that point I can get a 640 handheld which would be niiiiccee.

I've gotten good at driving and spotting at the same time but one day I'm going to end up in a ditch or hitting a tree

18. We have so many if they are around it doesn’t take too long for them to come in. I hunt yotes to keep the population down in my hood but you have to stay on top of them and be selective with your shots. I’ve passed up on some that appear to be the alphas so I didn’t trigger them to start mating, not sure if that’s fact or fiction but all my local DNR folks swear by the theory so I’ll go with it.

19. britx303

So magazines……..all mine are polymer type. Several of each between pmags, mft’s, and hexmags. All have been flawless but looking for some metal ones. SS or aluminum doesn’t matter, just want a few. My 308 only seems to like the 20 round hexmags. Won’t feed for shit with pmags, asc, and another brand I’m forgetting the name of. Whatchall like for metal 556 mags?

20. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

could be just my 6.8 spc experiences, but the PRI mags are some of the best I've used. C-products are good as well.

britx303 likes this.