1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida Peeps...here comes Ian.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Sep 24, 2022.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

From the center of the state to the west coast is already under water. Rivers are 100's of yards outside there banks in some places. If this thing parks its self it will be bad.

Power companies are also talking about being short on supplies to do timely repairs which may result in extended power outages

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

who had that link and posted where you could see the wind pattern of the strom? I remember it being a blue back ground and the wind pattern was in green.

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Download the "MyRadar" app. Shows you really neat prevailing wind patterns.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Can confirm.

Electrical supplies are getting harder and harder to source, so I imagine the utilities side of things has to be a flaming shitshow as well.

5. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Null School Earth …

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

7. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

They've issued mandatory evac for zones A,B and C here. I'm zone A lol I plan on rolling 1/2 mile to my brothers house who isn't in a evac zone. My bro is a firefighter and will be at his station and you're right you're on your own after a mandatory evac is issued.

Got my alcohol, kite and floaties ready

Sudowoodo, R1M370, ungwaha and 3 others like this.
  8. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ya'll stay safe.

10. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Busch Gardens is closed today, we were there yesterday and Sunday and the parks were full of out of towners.
    If they close a Florida theme park , it's gonna be a real storm.
    I75 was and will be a total shitshow with locals and tourists bailing.
    Good luck to the West Coast.

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

latest track shows it making landfall a bit further south than thought just last night, and tracking more to the east.. like Charlie and Irma did. Similar pressure coming from north is causing this. uncertainty still, and could hit more north or south, but tracking more south and east as of now.

[​IMG]

NemesisR6 likes this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

G2G and MELK-MAN like this.
  13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

14. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Finishing up my storm prep here this afternoon in Daytona. I have enough propane to run the generator for 7 days if the power goes down.

We went from a little rain to holy shit watch out in a day.

YamahaRick likes this.
  15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What kind of SUV do I need to buy that will allow me to control the weather and make Ian skip the coast to make landfall directly on disney?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Blue dot is my house .
    Latest projection has is taking a direct hit .
    I’m not a thoughts and prayers type guy but I’ll take em.
    Yes I’m riding it out. There are some circumstances for why I am .
    To any/everyone
    down here be safe and if I can help anyone in the area let me know .
    C77C1BA1-0704-45FB-A716-E2C1C782137C.png

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You might be barely on the left side of the eye according to that track. That is the 'weak' side. I've always wanted to see what the eye of a hurricane was like. Not at my own damn house, though!
    Good luck!

DucatiBomber likes this.
  18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yup, that's where I'm at down here in Southern Brevard. Not very concerned about wind force, but fully expecting my street and almost my entire property to be underwater by Thursday morning. Thankfully the house is built up plenty high enough.

Wife had to get her flight move up to tomorrow morning, as local Melbourne airport will be close beginning Wednesday afternoon.

cpettit likes this.
  19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Good luck lads....I'll be there with you in spirit as I watch the footage out my front door cam from up here in Jersey. Been up here for about a month now, and was planning to head back down in the next week too.

20. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I am in South Daytona and I deliver plastics a couple of days a week, usually to a warehouse in Pompano Beach and then local stops all over the Orange/Brevard county area. They called yesterday afternoon and pulled all trucks off the road as of noon today until the storm clears and there are no emergency declarations in place. I guess it is an insurance thing for them.

I am in this with you all down here and we are staying in place until it is no longer possible. We have a block house with hurricane rated windows and aluminum storm shutters for those so the house is well constructed but we are between the Intracoastal and a canal so flooding is our biggest concern also. We are good until we get about 12 inches of water then it will be in the house. Not a flood zone but I buy flood insurance every year, I figure the insurance companies can fight it out as to if the roof blew off first or if the water came in first. I am getting paid one way or the other!!

We have 3 Mastiffs so leaving early is a little difficult. Our toyhauler is in a building so we can go there if all hell breaks loose at the house

CBRRRRR999 likes this.