1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida Peeps...here comes Ian.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

I'm close to Clearwater beach...... I have my kite ready to do some wheelchair road surfing

cBJr, YamahaRick, 5axis and 4 others like this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yeah...old Ian is back to his path of entering the Tampa area for first landfall.

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I'm on the Atlantic side and I've decided to skip the prep (other than the booze) and say F it. If we get our asses kicked so be it. Insurance is gonna fight you no matter what, so why should I kill myself trying to save them $$.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Our power in my neighborhood here in Atlanta goes out when a jogger sneezes too close to a phone pole. Thursday and Friday I'm expecting to be running the genny. "The city in the forest" that is basically replanted 1800s farm land with all the larger trees near the end of their life. Can't cut them down, but boy do the like to come down in the slightest breeze.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It depends on the size of the cases but 1000 cases is close to a trailer load.

6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Hoping our friends on the Gulf Coast don't get lashed too hard.

I've done some minimal prep here on the east coast of FL, mostly just securing loose yard items and making sure our drainage ditches/culvert is clear.

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

They keep moving it closer to us on the East coast.

For those of you on the West coast/Tampa area be safe. It looks like you are in for some serious storm surge over there also. I have been through more hurricanes and tornado's than I care to remember. I guess I better go pick up more coffee!!

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

With current media reporting...I hope the trash can lids blown off isn't too much for people to handle. The sky is falling...the sky is falling....

9. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Thankfully my trash can lids are attached with hinges :Poke:

10. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Buckle up buttercup, Clearwater projections currently calling for 8 miles from center. That's where I'll be riding it out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CBRRRRR999, BigBird and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Good luck y’all. You’re in my thoughts. Hope it doesn’t get too bad

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I saw in a recent vid that an area just east of the Bay area is already flooded. Has that area already received tons of rain recently? If so, that will make the impact of the hurricane much worse (assuming it hits land/travels nearby).

13. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

did anyone see the drone footage of the fucking waves off the coast?! I never actually tried to shove my balls into the inguinal canal in all my escapades like a true ladyboy… but I definitely had to pry them out of it after watching that video.

I’m watching a live press conference right now for one of the counties… they are being dead ass serious, get the fuck out. They even went as far as saying they aren’t going to help you if you decide to stay within the evacuation area and then need emergency services that would put their responders at risk.

thinking back to what I said in a previous thread about possibly moving to Florida if the ex baby momma did so we could still be somewhat close to our progeny….

….. yeah fuck that.

[fluttering lightbulb] I know none of us would want to admit publicly if they’re struggling financially, but if anyone needs gas or a hotel or something post up or private message someone we trust on here (i vote the Oompa Loompa) so we can get a little tin cup going around here for assistance (?)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  14. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

All our rivers and lakes are at full pool already, it's going to flood no doubt about it. The Peace river is going to flood alot of people out during this hurricane.

YamahaRick likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In the 60s, bottled water wasn't yet a thing. We always filled the bathtubs and sinks to have water in reserve. In a pinch, the water in the toilet tank is potable.

YamahaRick and lopitt85 like this.
  16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Don’t even mention trees .. there is a huge dead Slash Pine on my Sister’s property where my new tractor is stored in Homosassa. I’m hoping this storm isn’t going to move that tree and crush the car port it’s stored in :eek:

17. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Speaking of, I wonder how many people are going through this uninsured w/ the fucked insurance premiums y'all have down there.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I thought FL is cheap, everything is great. it's all paradise, well according to everyone that I know that moved down there.

i hope everyone comes through unscathed though. water is great, except when it's not.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Updated path. Look at the size of this beast!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Typically they can't "cancel" you outright immediately. They have to carry your contract through the end of the fiscal year, which is typically December.

My parents are going through it right now. They got dropped so they are shopping to try and get it squared away prior to year-end.