1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida Peeps...here comes Ian.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

We've been lucky here for a while now, but this guy looks to change that.

[​IMG]

R1M370 and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I’m hoping it goes more left than an upstate NY liberal arts college and hits NOLA/Houston. I need some chemical plants to shutdown to help stabilize prices.

britx303 likes this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I hope it comes and parks its happy ass right over DFW. We need some damn rain in ANY shape or form!

4. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Where is the dislike button? Not sure if I want it to speed up and haul ass across the state like Charley did in 2004, or slow down and lose strength before dumping a metric ton of rain on us.

Looks like plans for next week/weekend will have to change...

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The predictors have been wrong, many times before.

tony 340 and BigBird like this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the panic is amusing amongst new residents

8. Sabre699

Got some neighbors down the road who are from NJ and they are freaking out. :Poke:

TurboBlew and StaccatoFan like this.
  9. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

We always do our grocery shopping /run errands on Saturday morning. We just got home from what would normally be a two hour outing, today it was four hours and almost panic at the grocery store. Easy to spot the new residents with carts full of water and canned goods that make no sense if you were combining them to make a meal.

I did create panic with our one neighbor this morning. The wife of the couple will not get on a 4 lane road in a car because she is so scared. Well I go out this morning before heading off to do our errands and open the garage and set two of our aluminum hurricane shutter panels by the front of the house. When we got home the neighbor was putting plywood over their windows. He gave me the stink eye and my wife just smiled and said so softly to me "you are so mean".

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best everyone. I have about 30 minutes of last minute prep to do after landfall if it looks like it will impact us.

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

When I lived in Florida, my hurricane checklist-

1. Rum, check.
    2. Coke, check.
    3. Everything else, will deal with it later!!

Jedb, Boman Forklift and Sabre699 like this.
  11. TurboBlew

some dude at Lowes had a T shirt that said DON'T NY MY FL I laughed

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Considering there's a popular thread about Florida on this very BBS, I'm not entirely sure how to actually interpret that shirt.... :D

13. TurboBlew

I guess I dont get the fear and its gotten worse the last decade. First its the "fear hoarding" of unnecessary perishables. Then its filling the tanks of all their vehicles they barely drive the full range. The plywood over the winders... el oh el. Were they all out of corrugated shed roof? Do they even think about how sunlight is going to get in?

thunderalley3 likes this.
  14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I’m at the beach, current projections have it hitting us directly but as stated, it early. No matter what, I can practically guarantee our island having a mandatory evacuation. I’ll ride it out as I always do at my hospital maintaining the backup power systems, my dog in my office and my wife fighting traffic on her way to her sisters winter home at the villages, it looks to be directly in the potential path also but flooding won’t be a concern there.

Ho hum, another day in Florida.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  15. thunderalley3

I can almost guarantee if he put the plywood up like he does everything else it will blow off if we have 40 mph winds!!

Looking at the new track and timeline on Tuesday you could sell canned dog shit in the grocery stores here. It is a great way for the stores to purge their slow moving items.

Canned frosting goes great on Vienna sausages :eek:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

latest update shows it heading just a tad west from original track, that was heading right to Tampa area (my house).. no shifting just a bit more toward panhandle, raised to a cat4 out in the gulf in a few days, but showing weakening to a cat2 before it makes landfall. Lets hope for the best, and everyone stay safe.

thunderalley3 likes this.
  17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

update from about 5pm Sat 9/24 from local news guy..

[​IMG]

18. Sabre699

Pointed right here at Jennings. Thanks for the update. :D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. thunderalley3

That track looks great for those of us on the East coast.

As with everything though, it is subject to change.

20. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

At WDW giving the mouse our money... gonna be fun

rd400racer and CBRRRRR999 like this.