1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why do so many men NOT know how to punch

Discussion in 'General' started by gixer1100, Sep 22, 2022.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I'm not letting my kids win anything.

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Isn't your oldest bigger than an NFL Lineman?

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

But again as fun as that sounds (and good strategy) the opposite could have occurred. He gets out, walks back and gets shot. The fight you win is the one you weren't in. Most crap is not worth it (someone honking) if something is (attack on family etc.) go full on psycho and end them. But again avoidance is the best idea.

tophyr, The Todd, Wingnut and 4 others like this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I picture this guy as I'm reading this.

[​IMG]

Rebel635, tiggen, VT701 and 2 others like this.
  5. dtalbott

Little Joey is the middle son.

Christopher is the oldest, and is only 6'2".

Nathan is the youngest.

6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

You cover yourself in lube. A lot easier to grab a guy in clothes than a lube-covered naked guy.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

6'2...man...so short :eek:

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I only remember pics of the one that was intimidatingly large relative to his teammates. How is that going BTW?

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is this based on...oh never mind.

10. dtalbott

In my group of three, yes. Nathan is now taller than me, and he's only 13.

BigBird likes this.
  11. dtalbott

In school to do occupational therapy.

Pride & Joy, BigBird and R Acree like this.
  12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

:crackup: An unconventional life provides many experiences, either observed or participatory.

13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

So did I !!!!:crackup:

rd400racer likes this.
  14. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Grow up playing hockey and you'll learn to throw a punch (and take one). Up here, your ability to throw a punch/fight is inversely proportional to your hockey skill. Unless you can't play hockey at all, then you have no skill in either :D. They've taken that out of the game now, and I have mixed feelings about it......

I haven't thrown a punch in over 15 years, and plan to keep that record. As much as I'd like to think I'm "as good good once as I ever was", the reality is, I'm a fat out of shape middle aged man, that would most likely get my ass handed to me by a 20 something UFC watching spider monkey, as I try and hang on throwing haymakers, jabs and uppercuts the only way I know how. The "old way" of going toe to toe throwing punches is not the "best" way, and I'd get destroyed unless I got lucky early in the fight. The hands might come back to me quickly, but I doubt the brain box could take another beating without forgetting my name, and I'd 100% be a winded wheezbag within 30 seconds. I'd rather just walk away.

I had an altercation on the golfcourse a few weeks ago with a couple of drunk and coked up kids that were getting up in my face trying to provoke a fight. It was surprisingly easy to laugh them off (which didn't help diffuse the situation, but was funny to me lol) and walk away. As we were driving away in our cart, my buddy said he was surprised I didn't dummy him on the teeblock when he started walking towards me, and the short simple answer was "I'm not 22 anymore". 22 year old me, would have made an absolute mess of that kid and his buddy the second he started stepping towards me. I got in a pretty good tilt with a good friend when I was about 25 and it really changed my outlook on things. There's always going to be young tough meatheads looking to make a name for themselves. Time marches on.

I was more pissed that it wrecked my game as I was only 2 over through 7 at that point and playing good. I doubled the next couple holes until I settled back down again and got back some pars, and a birdie on 15 after driving the green and missing an eagle putt. :D. I finished with an 85. That was the only time this year I've played the front 9 that good, and I was looking good to break 80 for the first time. Fack, I'm still pissed about that lol.

Rebel635, tophyr, gixer1100 and 3 others like this.
  16. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

This guy has a real plan,and carries a jar of lube around where ever he goes. LOL

KneeDragger_c69 and pickled egg like this.
  17. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Define kids.

18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I tend to de-escalate situations these days. I already know how far I’m willing to go and most of the people acting up in public aren’t on those terms. proving a point isn’t worth your life to me. When some young punk is getting irate or aggressive I’ll usually concede verbally in a polite way while having a smirk on my face letting him know I’m not scared of him I just don’t think he’s worth my time. In a place like DTLA where everyone thinks they’re hard, the real ones tend to be the calmest.

The Todd likes this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And here we come full circle to the greased up naked guy again…

cortezmachine likes this.
  20. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I somehow found my way into 2 bar fights this Summer. None started by me, but I will always protects friends and the weak from bullies and thugs. At 55 I’m a bit rusty and slower than I used to be but at 235 I can put someone under control effectively once I get them to ground.

A man should be able to protect himself and his loved ones at any age.

gixer1100 likes this.